PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

happy20b is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One small test for all TP CDMA/GSM user

Dear all TP CDMA/GSM users,

PS:
I dont have any problem with my device and i am able to boot my device, this test is just to confirm few things and myt be helpful for others as well.

I have HTC TP CDMA from SPRINT, and unfortunately i dont have extUSB cable so i use MINI USB

THE SCENARIO:

My device is going to bootloader(tri color screen) without pressing any keys [power+vol_down+reset] when i connect a MINI usb cable to device(which is off) and connect to PC.

I am not sure if this is happening only with my device. I request some Experts to comment on this behavior .

Please make sure u are using normal MINI USB cable, not eXTUSB cable

TEST PROCEDURE:

- Switch off your device
- Connect a MINI USB cable to device.
- Connect the cable to PC
- Check if device automatically power on and goes to bootloader

Atleast for me this will automatically switches on my device and goes to bootloader screen.

Thanks
Happy
Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nokia Lumia 920
Carrier: AT&T

swinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuff
Re: One small test for all TP CDMA/GSM user

Nothing happening here other than it charging the phone. Tried with Sprint and Verizon TP.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Ditto. RAPH800 aka Sprint.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

happy20b is a n00b

Strange ....

Can some expert comment on this behavior ?

I dont have any problem with my cell, it boots normally , i have flashed many ROMS so far , and also booted android, ryt now it is in India hence roaming.

Thanks
Happy
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

could be a stuck button or few. also I suppose some usb cords could do this and not others.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
could be a stuck button or few. also I suppose some usb cords could do this and not others.
1] I have tried with at least 3 different mini usb cables, but same behavior with all cables.
2] I am able to boot normally, without connecting the other end of the usb cable to pc (cable is connected only to device) and manually switch on the button.
3] I am able to launch bootloader with normal procedure [power+vol_down+reset] and without connecting to mini usb cable.

Any guess now
Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That's not normal behavior... I suggest you do one of two things... Take it in to the repair center for a possible replacement... Or two... Do not plug it in when it is off and then turn it on while plugged in. This might avoid your entire issue.
p.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
That's not normal behavior... I suggest you do one of two things... Take it in to the repair center for a possible replacement... Or two... Do not plug it in when it is off and then turn it on while plugged in. This might avoid your entire issue.
p.
Dear AZTECHKA,

As i mentioned in my first post , i dont have any problem with my cell and it is working normally. I do not connect my cell to cable while booting but i do it only when flashing new ROMs .. I just wanted to know if this is happening only with me and if yes y only with me and also wanted to knwo if it will affect my device.

And i cannot replace the cell it is not under warranty and im in india ryt now.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Got ya. That makes alot of sense... Sorry for not reading more closely.
I had my TP for almost 2 years and my wife now has it and I can only state that I have never had the problem you are experiencing.
I've used many different cables too.
Another thing you can try is buying a replacement HTC cable for your phone. They sell them very inexpensively on Amazon.com.
See if that takes care of your issue.
p.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

happy20b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Got ya. That makes alot of sense... Sorry for not reading more closely.
I had my TP for almost 2 years and my wife now has it and I can only state that I have never had the problem you are experiencing.
I've used many different cables too.
Another thing you can try is buying a replacement HTC cable for your phone. They sell them very inexpensively on Amazon.com.
See if that takes care of your issue.
p.
Yea, even i wanted to test with HTC extUSB cable , will try to get it some how ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro