PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

earmbrust is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Houdini Steps to flash Touch Pro to metroPCS

So I'm trying to find the steps and requirements for Houdini to flash a Sprint Touch Pro to metroPCS. Apparently, the guys at the store near here are totally unable to get it to flash to metro. So if anyone can layout the steps for me, that would be great. That way, I can take the instructions and the phone in to these guys to have them do it.

I don't want to know about reprogramming (MMS, WAP, etc) but actually using Houdini to enter the ESN into their system and whatnot.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Houdini Steps to flash Touch Pro to metroPCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmbrust View Post
So I'm trying to find the steps and requirements for Houdini to flash a Sprint Touch Pro to metroPCS. Apparently, the guys at the store near here are totally unable to get it to flash to metro. So if anyone can layout the steps for me, that would be great. That way, I can take the instructions and the phone in to these guys to have them do it.

I don't want to know about reprogramming (MMS, WAP, etc) but actually using Houdini to enter the ESN into their system and whatnot.

Thanks in advance!
Are you kidding the dealer doesn't know how to Metro flash or is the phone just having issues.
Have you read through the Metro forum on HoFo http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335 if the issue has ever came up those guys would definately know. Not saying nobody here would but HoFo's Metro forum is full of good info geared for Metro PCS.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earmbrust is a n00b

They didn't even know how to get to the three color screen, or what a "hard reset" meant. No, I'm not kidding. (Sadly. Very sadly.)

Since I don't personally know how to use Houdini (never worked with it) I can't tell them what they need to do. I know this probably sounds crazy, but for some reason people around this area seem to be technologically inept. Thanks for the heads up about the HoFo metro area. Didn't realize there was one. I'll copy/collect the information I find, if I find what I'm looking for. Hopefully it can, but won't need to, help someone else down the road.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by earmbrust View Post
They didn't even know how to get to the three color screen, or what a "hard reset" meant. No, I'm not kidding. (Sadly. Very sadly.)

Since I don't personally know how to use Houdini (never worked with it) I can't tell them what they need to do. I know this probably sounds crazy, but for some reason people around this area seem to be technologically inept. Thanks for the heads up about the HoFo metro area. Didn't realize there was one. I'll copy/collect the information I find, if I find what I'm looking for. Hopefully it can, but won't need to, help someone else down the road.

As per houdini's instructions for programming before houdini program will recognize device.

• Set Phone In DIAG mode before Provisioning.
    • (For Verizon and Alltel)
    • Press green talk button to bring up Dial pad.
    • Enter ##3424 then press "Green Talk Button" on the bottom left of the phone.
    • Load Drivers if prompted, files can be found in Downloads section of the helpdesk.
    • (For Sprint)
    • Enter ##3424# instead. Then follow instructions above.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earmbrust is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

Well, every metro store in my area said they can't flash it. I know that's not the case. They don't seem to want my money. It's the weirdest thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for trying guys. Looks like I'll have to find someone to put the ESN in for me and do the rest myself.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Those that say they can't perhaps mean they can't get more out of it than calls and text, no internet or MMS. Also there are many that just prefer to tell people they can't do them, so they don't have to listen to the complaints because MMS and web can't be made to work, yet the customer still has to upgrade their service to the $45+ that includes those features.

Now.. I said they can't get MMS/WEB to work with houdini, but they can do it manually setting the phone up after they get it on MPCS.

BTW check craigslist there are guys that will houdini flash for $15.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earmbrust is a n00b

Oh, I know all about the ability to actually get the services.. I even said I understood the circumstances, and was happily willing to deal with it. Thanks for the heads up about craigslist. I have a funny feeling they just couldn't be arsed to do it because they're lazy. Only one store even held the phone in their hand... let alone attempt to flash it.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Metro

Mike_D1980 is a n00b

I see I am not alone on this problem. I had the same problem 2 months ago when I got my tp. went to every metro store in a 50 mile radius and couldn't find anyone capable of doing it. not even a corporate store. finally I found one nice place that let me use there computer and and I personally called whodat from hofo (had him flash a phone for me before and has helped me out millions of times) and he walked me through the process while the employee waited on other customers and then was sure to charge me for me flashing my own phone then 2 months later my keyboard quit working on my tp and I am back to my 700wx. now I am debating trying my hand at a tp2 (since she will let me use computer and houdinisoft again) or saying f#ck it and just buying a metro blackberry and calling it quits on the flashing stuff.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D1980 View Post
I see I am not alone on this problem. I had the same problem 2 months ago when I got my tp. went to every metro store in a 50 mile radius and couldn't find anyone capable of doing it. not even a corporate store. finally I found one nice place that let me use there computer and and I personally called whodat from hofo (had him flash a phone for me before and has helped me out millions of times) and he walked me through the process while the employee waited on other customers and then was sure to charge me for me flashing my own phone then 2 months later my keyboard quit working on my tp and I am back to my 700wx. now I am debating trying my hand at a tp2 (since she will let me use computer and houdinisoft again) or saying f#ck it and just buying a metro blackberry and calling it quits on the flashing stuff.
I'll tell you somethin, I had the touch pro, got bored,got the touch pro 2, now bored again, both of which were full functional on metro pcs, got the metro berry, its not that bad, but you get used to the touch screen.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sanyo 2300
Carrier: sprint

missy281977 is a n00b

I need instructions to flash my sanyo 2300 sprint phone to metro pcs...please help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro