PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC TP 6850 W 6.5 & Energy one and the same? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134902)

md80boy 10-05-2010 09:31 AM

HTC TP 6850 W 6.5 & Energy one and the same?

I just got the HTC TP 6850 on Sprint almost new, but it is stock. I just joined and am a complete noob ad will read as much as I can before I post anything else...but:
Are the Windows Mobile upgrade to 6.5 and Energy ROM one and the same?
I was under the impression they are not, but myabe if I unlock the phone and flash in a new ROM, that new ROM would have 6.5 in it. If thats not right where can I get the 6.5 ROM, or even should I? Which should be put in first, the ROM or the W6.5?

Any guidance is appreciated. I have never flashed a phone before so a lot of terms will be new to me. The only exp I've had is with WiFi routers where I flashed in the DDWrt to my router!

accessing 10-05-2010 01:20 PM

Re: HTC TP 6850 W 6.5 & Energy one and the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by md80boy (Post 1966033)
I just got the HTC TP 6850 on Sprint almost new, but it is stock. I just joined and am a complete noob ad will read as much as I can before I post anything else...but:
Are the Windows Mobile upgrade to 6.5 and Energy ROM one and the same?
I was under the impression they are not, but myabe if I unlock the phone and flash in a new ROM, that new ROM would have 6.5 in it. If thats not right where can I get the 6.5 ROM, or even should I? Which should be put in first, the ROM or the W6.5?

Any guidance is appreciated. I have never flashed a phone before so a lot of terms will be new to me. The only exp I've had is with WiFi routers where I flashed in the DDWrt to my router!

Please make sure that you follow the required steps to unlock your phone and also keep the tools necessary to relock your phone handy, just in case you have to return the phone for any issues.

Some roms come with 6.1. Most roms are with 6.5. or 6.5x since the purpose of unlocking the phone is to have access to what you did not have before.

To know which OS you are using look at the build number. I believe the last build for 6.1 was 21057, so any number above this is 6.5. or 6.5x

6.5 has the start menu on the top left like 6.1, but 6.5 takes you to a start "page" not the drop down list like 6.1 seen on the stock phones.

6.5.x (could be 6.5.3 or 6.5.5) have the start menu on the bottom as well as other icons. It takes to the start "page" as well.

To know what you are getting yourself into look at the first page of developers roms. The pics of the rom show if you are choosing a rom with 6.5.x or 6.5.

I hope others will shed more light if there's anything I left out. If you face issues with roms, post your issues. The community here loves to help and guide you to fixes. If someone helps you don't be afraid to click thanks (its free). It helps as reference for others with the same issues and inspire people to continue helping. Welcome.

Carla 10-06-2010 12:22 AM

Re: HTC TP 6850 W 6.5 & Energy one and the same?

Moved to General Touch Pro Discussion