PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

macevedo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro in Puerto Rico

I want to share this information with people in Puerto Rico who are looking for the Touch Pro or who ordered the Touch Pro in the Internet only to find out that it does not work correctly. The Touch Pro has been available in the Best Buy store in San Juan since October 24. They can't sell it yet because there is a problem with the Sprint Network in the island and the Touch Pro which is not allowing Internet connectivity.

I was informed today that the problem has been identified and a Patch will be rolled out to fix this specific problem. I don't know if the patch is for the phone or for the network, but when I get my device I'll check if it is a different ROM than the current one. If it is then I'll dump it for your hacking pleasure.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro in Puerto Rico

Yep I have one touch pro in Puerto Rico and you need to disabled revA for it to work.
But of course you wont get revA evdo speeds.. it sucks.. And if you dont disabled that the device will get really warm trying to get that evdo signal.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1

Yeah, I got mine yesterday and needed to disable Rev. A before the phone could auto activate. Good to know I'm not the only one from PR on PPCGeeks!!

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work
Question Re: Touch Pro in Puerto Rico

Im headed to Moca, Puerto Rico where my girlfriend is from in December. Will evdo internet or 1x internet work on my mogul while im there?
Old 11-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Im headed to Moca, Puerto Rico where my girlfriend is from in December. Will evdo internet or 1x internet work on my mogul while im there?
This issue is in the Touch Pro sub forum you may want to ask in the Mogule forum.

Shell

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro, axim x3i

imaxthunder is a n00b

I bought a touch pro via sprint telesales, got it since nov. 3 and was frustrated because of the poor battery performance. Berore reading this Thread, nobody actually admited (at least to me) that there was a problem with the red in PR. They even changed my battery for a new one and it was "quickly draining too" so i knew there's got to be something more wrong (the phone was always hot... (and i mean not right "overheat apple pie hot")

After reading this, i just acces the hidden menu and disable the Rev A. and will test the performance in the next 3 days. Will post results if any.

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i have read about this already, but since the pros are coming with soooo many issues, im gonna wait for a better batch before i give in my mogul which is giving me no problems whatsoever (looks like i got the only perfect mogul in the world lol) so im cool to wait longer patientlly... im getting 1.3 speeds on my mogul so when i get my pro, hopefully the issue would be resolved
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaxthunder View Post
I bought a touch pro via sprint telesales, got it since nov. 3 and was frustrated because of the poor battery performance. Berore reading this Thread, nobody actually admited (at least to me) that there was a problem with the red in PR. They even changed my battery for a new one and it was "quickly draining too" so i knew there's got to be something more wrong (the phone was always hot... (and i mean not right "overheat apple pie hot")

After reading this, i just acces the hidden menu and disable the Rev A. and will test the performance in the next 3 days. Will post results if any.

Thanks for the info.
After that, battery life should be better...
I had the same problem too.. and now it only get hot if I power use it.
Then again you will get better battery life, but not awesome battery life.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

blassilando is a n00b

I got mines in San Juan the day they got here and the tecnical support team at the store already have the patch and sold me a perfectly working phone they have been instructed to not sell them though until furthur notice...i was lucky and am happy with my phone

My phone connects with EVDO Rev. A at top speeds. I am able to recieve all calls, text messages, connecto to the internet at top speed and the phone does not heat up at all

I was really luckyy...wujuuuuu

Last edited by blassilando; 11-20-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

mogul420 is a n00b

yesterday i went to best buy (carolina) and they only had one bricked TP on inventory, but they are selling them only if you agree on not having rev a speeds due to radio incompatibility until a permanent fix is available.

imma try plaza las americas best buy later today and post if i get it and how it works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro