PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigge4380 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Touch Pro Flex Cable

I am a service tech and I've been seeing an increase in pro's coming in with bad ribbons. I need to know if anyone else who has access to the hardware is seeing the same issue. The way it looks is that the silver part of the slide is shaving the the cables down to the copper causing audio and LCD failure.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable
Re: Touch Pro Flex Cable

If you mean like the charger, at the base, YES! Mine is coming apart and the cables are showing. So far no failure. But its annoying and so not sexy!

Dont use headsets much so those are still in tact.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigge4380 is a n00b

Not really at the base so much as between the 2 slides. It's the ribbon that connects the top half (screen) of the phone to the bottom (keyboard) half
Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a 10/17 build date and I don't have the problems your describing. Are these probs just affecting newer build dates or all?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

yep had this problem.. my ribbon was stretched and shaved.. my screen went nuts.. it started out sparatic and in a day it was screwed..
Old 03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

badal is a n00b

Same thing happening here!. Backlight wont go off sometimes, Lcd flickers a lot... Display gets distorted..
Do you work for sprint or htc? Who covers this under warranty?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badal View Post
Same thing happening here!. Backlight wont go off sometimes, Lcd flickers a lot... Display gets distorted..
Do you work for sprint or htc? Who covers this under warranty?
if your under the one year warranty then just take it back to the store(sprint vzn) and they should give you a new one. if not its probably gonna cost you with your insurance. just remember to flash back to the stock rom and relock if you have modded it.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hperry is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
if your under the one year warranty then just take it back to the store(sprint vzn) and they should give you a new one. if not its probably gonna cost you with your insurance. just remember to flash back to the stock rom and relock if you have modded it.
thought the warranty is covered by HTC if you don't have TEP. so you would need to send it back to HTC or pay the service fee to sprint. am i wrong here?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

factory warranty should be dealt with right through sprint. i know thats how vzn does it. had a K1 krazr that went tits up after 4 months, took it to the vzn store and they gave me a new one. i'll look through the warranty card that came with my TP in a min and see what it says.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigge4380 is a n00b

I've seen the cables come out of all buid dates. Sprint will charge you to fix the phone unless you have TEP and since it's a display issue on a PDA it will generally be a $55 - $99 charge to fix or replace. If you argue it you will probably get the HTC customer service number to RMA your phone thru them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro