PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Touch Pro Reviews

This thread is for review of HTC's Touch Pro.

Let's not let this turn into a discussion about your experience ordering it or any problems with shipping, speculation of features, etc....this is purely a "review of the product".

Post up pics if you have them too!

Tell us the pros, cons, etc. And please remember to stay on topic!

late,
Coz

EDIT: 1/6/2008
FYI, I've archived a bunch of off topic posts, etc., leaving only the reviews, etc. This archiving process does not change your post count or thanks...it merely cleans out some of the debris from this thread.

Last edited by CozBoogie; 01-06-2009 at 04:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Got IT!!!!! HTC Touch Pro for spint from Best buy

After looking at the phone in two best buys so far today, i can't believe how small it is. I was comparing it to my treo 700wx and was like wow. I was expecting a much larger (mostly wider) screen. The thing is 2.8 diagonal but not very wide at all. Overall it looks and feels very nice but either my hands are huge or this phone is tiny. Wish the screen was bigger. All the pictures on the net make the phone look MUCH larger than it is in reality. Basically I'm just dissapointed in screen size and thought the keyboard would be a tad larger (bigger buttons). Overall size of the device seems very nice though. I'm still going to get it.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

im typing this from my touch pro! i havent figured out how to tether yet...

so far, this phone has been the upgrade ive been waiting for. its size is great in comparison to my old mogul... what i have to mention though is the keyboard. i have big fingers and i doubted its accuracy at first, and indeed, it takes some getting used to my big handed brethren, but it is overall, the better set up! my only complaint is reaching left for my "a". well, the better explanation is that im used to reaching all the way left for a, this set up has me hitting caps lock alot, but i feel i will get used to it

must i state, this screen is a dramatic upgrade over the mogul, not just because its flushed but the high res makes it so even small text is readable... opera has a habit of annoying small text web browsing, but its not a problem with this screen

the scroll circle is pratically useless, even in apps that use it, its either too sensitive or not sensitive at all

thw camera hasnt shocked me with quality at all, but its still better than the mogul... maybe its too dark outside though

now, once again, im typing from my pro and its because im not used to it yet that im not formatting this post... i will post more when i get home... and opera is nice but it doesnt handle the ppcgeeks txt box well lol.... and lastly again, its hard to get used to this phone sliding the other way to open, its weird
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
First Impressions

Positives: Immediately loved the new screen. Control is gonna take some getting used to as well.

Negatives: No hard buttons for "Ok", Start Menu, or the left and right softkeys.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

This is a very quick review and most suredly I'll miss some things

Accessories:

Included accessories (sees pic) include an extra sylus, usb adapter for headphones, 1GB microsd card, usb cable, charger, earbud headphones, manuals and software (active sync..etc) velcro case, and screen protector.

Adequate and expected. Personally dont like the velcro case much tho Im used to my magnetic one.

Hardware:
Quick Specs:
OS provided: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional; Installed RAM: 288 MB; Processor: QUALCOMM 528 MHz

Design is sleek and much sexier than the Mogul. The 5 row querty keyboard is great! Types and feels much better than the mogul and having a number row is even more beneficial. Just feels better and lighter in your hand. The mogul has a low quality plastic feel. This phone actually feels like a high class device.

Performance:
So far so good. The first thing I noticed is how quickly it reacts to opening programs, finger swipes, screen rotations and more. The extra ram and processor speed is very noticeable.

The opera browser is great, already been using it on the mogul but works much snappier on the pro. The gravity sensors dont seem to react very well for me. Seems like you have to give it a little shake sometime for it to recognize and change orientation

Overall Im excited about the phone as expected though im frustrated with my mogul its probably just the excitement of a new phone. But I see great potential with the phone especially once I get some customizations and roms on there. I feel confident I wont need to upgrade for a while.

Oh and did I mention the screen? Its gorgeous for a PPC. Bright, crips and clear!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6201.jpg (75.2 KB, 1206 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_6208.jpg (120.4 KB, 962 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Initial Reactions..

It is actually quite a bit thinner then the mogul so it certainly fits in your hand much better.

I have noticed a little lag when typing, but nothing major. There is some lag also when opening the keyboard and going to landscape mode.

I tried Sprint Navigation briefly and did NOT notice the lag that I had with my Diamond. I haven't talked on it much, but so far I don't notice the same amount of heat as the Diamond had.

I think I'm going to scratch the hell out of the chrome finish

The back cover seems MUCH more sturdy than the Mogul ever did.

I'll post more as I play with it.... (That's what she said)
Old 10-24-2008, 07:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

sundevil07 is just getting started

It is a bit smaller than the mogul but it feels much smaller than it actually is.

The keyboard slides the opposite way (compared to mogul),which will take some getting used to.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Keyboard has a nice rubber feel to it. As sundevil mentioned, the keyboard slides to the left like the Apache did. The Mogul slid to the right.

Still playing around with it, but its a nice upgrade to the Mogul. Once we start some custom ROMs, this thing will really fly.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

sundevil07 is just getting started

does anyone else's device have uneven backlighting on the keys?
i.e. are the top lef corner and top right corner keys significantly brighter than the rest of the keys?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

for some reason with mine.. the volume on the ear piece isnt all that amazing.. is kinda dim.. but the speakerphone is great.. anyone else?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro