PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

zolttt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Touch Pro headphone adapter "issue"

since my work was kind enough to block XM, i now have to stream on my phone... now all last week i used the adapter that came with the phone, plugged my headphones in, plugged the charger in, and listened to XM all day. This morning i plug in the adapter, plug in my headphones and the audio comes out of the speaker, if i unplug the charger from the adapter... the audio comes from the headphones. I havent changed any settings over the weekend so i have no clue how this happened, any ideas how to fix it ? im running one of the newer energy roms if that helps ?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint Touch Pro headphone adapter "issue"

sound like the over use might have bent a pin or something maybe...

you have alot of places to check though.. the TPs usb port, the mini usb tip of the dongle, the tips on both the headphones and charger, and the female ports on the dongle for the headphones and charger..
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Win7 Pro
Carrier: USC

hippy43 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolttt View Post
since my work was kind enough to block XM, i now have to stream on my phone... now all last week i used the adapter that came with the phone, plugged my headphones in, plugged the charger in, and listened to XM all day. This morning i plug in the adapter, plug in my headphones and the audio comes out of the speaker, if i unplug the charger from the adapter... the audio comes from the headphones. I havent changed any settings over the weekend so i have no clue how this happened, any ideas how to fix it ? im running one of the newer energy roms if that helps ?
I have the same issue. It started out of the blue, same as with you. I've checked all settings, tried a different dongle, uninstalled any new software (only thing I had installed was the "Flip2Mute") and still have the same issue.
FWIW, I have already started a thread on this, "Weird headphone issue".
MAYBE someone will figure it out.. I don't buy the bad dongle, bent pin solution as everything else works fine, i.e. sync, data transfer, headphones without the dongle.

Requards,
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

zolttt is a n00b

I just started investigating this again today, I also didnt think it was the adapter itself as i only started using it a week ago. I did reflash my phone with a new rom just 15 mins ago and now it works perfectly fine, so maybe you should try that, because it worked for me. I literally just plugged my headphones in 5 mins ago, with my fingers crossed, and success.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Win7 Pro
Carrier: USC

hippy43 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zolttt View Post
I just started investigating this again today, I also didnt think it was the adapter itself as i only started using it a week ago. I did reflash my phone with a new rom just 15 mins ago and now it works perfectly fine, so maybe you should try that, because it worked for me. I literally just plugged my headphones in 5 mins ago, with my fingers crossed, and success.
I've got way to much stuff loaded on my phone to want to go to that extreme. There has got to be a better explaination as to why this stated for no reason.
I don't need to charge and use my headphones that bad to totally start from scratch again... GLAD it worked for you though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro