PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Golden State Cellular

timm9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Freezes/partially launches

I have been searching for several days in many different forums and did not find anything that matches my issue. I have an HTC Touch Pro (Verizon) running winmo 6.1, OS 5.20769 (build 20769.1.4.5), ROM 1.08.605.4 dated 3/18/09, radio version 1.03.09V.

I have had the phone for approximately 40 days and all of a sudden upon soft reset or powering up the phone only partially starts up and is ‘stuck’ trying to launch in TF3D mode. The screen is black/blank with only the icons across the top (start, EV, speaker, battery, etc), and the ‘calendar’ and ‘contacts’ at the bottom of the screen. It will not allow me to ‘switch’ back to the default windows today screen. The only way I can get the problem to temporarily go away is to pull the battery for 30 minutes, then soft reset it multiple times hoping that TF3D will launch again.

I was hoping there is a ‘fix’ floating around that I have failed to find, or if there is a newer official Verizon ROM that addresses this problem. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s
Re: TF3D Freezes/partially launches

have you tried just doing a hard reset?

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Golden State Cellular
Threadstarter

timm9 is a n00b
Re: TF3D Freezes/partially launches

I have been resistant to doing a hard reset because while the phone is Verizon ‘branded’, I’m running on a small but customer friendly carrier that does not have many of the technology features as the larger carriers. The hard reset will result in me having to drive 60+ miles to reprogram the phone. However painful, it sounds like that may be my only option. Thank you for the response!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro