PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Golden State Cellular

timm9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cab File not showing up to Uninstall

Sorry for the noob question. I have searched but did find anything exactly like this. How can I uninstall a .cab file that does not show up under ‘remove programs’? I’m really hoping that the answer is not a hard reset, which will result in a two plus hour drive to my carrier for reprogramming which I had to do 3 days ago… Thanks!

Last edited by timm9; 08-18-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: better explaination
Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Cab File not showing up to Uninstall

Hard resets should not require a trip to the carrier store...

With that said, what is the application? Does it have an uninstall built into it?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

timm9 is a n00b

Thank you for the response. The cab file is lllboredlll VZW GPS fix. The reason a hard reset will require a trip to the carrier is this; I'm on a Verizon Touch Pro with a stock ROM running on a very small carrier (Golden State) with no OTA features/abilities. The hard reset wipes some of the settings in EPST that I can not get back OTA. I inadvertently installed this cab and did not need it with the most recent Verizon ROM with the external GPS unlocked.

Last edited by timm9; 08-18-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: more complete explaination
Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Oh... Interesting. Learn something new every day. I'm on Sprint, and have done many hard resets... Never thought twice about it.

Well in that case, I'd say you may have to resort to some third party tool. There are several that aid in removing applications, but since I don't really use any of 'em I can't really make a good recommendation.

Have you tried just running the cab again? I thought it would offer to uninstall if it's already installed... Sorry I didn't mention that earlier.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

timm9 is a n00b

Thank you again. I appreciate the response. I have tried launching the cab file again to see if there is an 'uninstall' option but no luck. I have tried SK Tools but the cab file does not appear in that 'remove' list either. Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro