PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

joebrothehobo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to connect phone to computer.

I want to flash a custom rom to my HTC touch pro, but i am unable to because my computer doesn't recognize the phone. When i plug it in, my phone gives me the option 'disk drive' or 'active sync' and when i choose disk drive, it shows up as a removable device under my computer and i can put phones on my micro sd card that way, but if i choose activesync, nothing happens. and when i install windows mobile device center, it doesn't recognize my phone and when it says it is installing the drivers, it fails because it says the device is unplugged, even though that is not the case.

I have a HTC touch pro running WM6.1. My computer is windows 7 32-bit. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Unable to connect phone to computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrothehobo View Post
I want to flash a custom rom to my HTC touch pro, but i am unable to because my computer doesn't recognize the phone. When i plug it in, my phone gives me the option 'disk drive' or 'active sync' and when i choose disk drive, it shows up as a removable device under my computer and i can put phones on my micro sd card that way, but if i choose activesync, nothing happens. and when i install windows mobile device center, it doesn't recognize my phone and when it says it is installing the drivers, it fails because it says the device is unplugged, even though that is not the case.

I have a HTC touch pro running WM6.1. My computer is windows 7 32-bit. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, but help is greatly appreciated.
I had that issue before with mobile device center. Anyway, you can flash a rom by holding the power button the down volume button on the phone and reset with the stylus. Remove the stylus but keep pressing the pwr and vol down button until the tri color screen shows. Then hook the phone up to the computer and flash the rom.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

joebrothehobo is a n00b

thanks so much for the advice. i will try it out tomorrow and let you know if it worked.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Hmmm. Go into your settings menu and untick the one that says something about faster data transfer. I don't have my phone with me right now or I could walk you right through it. But somewhere in the connections, there is a box that can be ticked under the AS option. Untick it and see if the comp recognizes it.

On a side note-the first guy that resonded has a GREAT ROM. I've used/flashed about 50 and his is the best I think. Look …………http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118037

Last edited by pmassey31545; 08-10-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

joebrothehobo is a n00b

is there anything else i need to do to flash the rom before i hold down the volume button and power button? i keep seeing that hard-spl is mandatory but i don't really know what that is.

any help is appreciated.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

joebrothehobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmassey31545 View Post
Hmmm. Go into your settings menu and untick the one that says something about faster data transfer. I don't have my phone with me right now or I could walk you right through it. But somewhere in the connections, there is a box that can be ticked under the AS option. Untick it and see if the comp recognizes it.

On a side note-the first guy that resonded has a GREAT ROM. I've used/flashed about 50 and his is the best I think. Look …………http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118037
when i plug it in there is the disk drive option and an active sync option and the disk drive option is the one with the faster data transfer and if i untick that one (and choose active sync) my computer doesn't recognize it.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op is your tp unlocked? also when i flash via usb i pick active sync not disk drive.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

joebrothehobo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
op is your tp unlocked? also when i flash via usb i pick active sync not disk drive.
it is not unlocked. and if i pick activesync instead of disk drive my phone does not show up on the computer and i can't access any of its files.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebrothehobo View Post
it is not unlocked. and if i pick activesync instead of disk drive my phone does not show up on the computer and i can't access any of its files.

Look here dude-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508084 I found this waaaaay back when I started and it had everything I needed and explained it real well and in detail. Follow the steps and you'll be fine. Try the twisted_accessing ROM. PM me if you need help.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

unlock using sd card and flash that way too, link is a sticky in this forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro