PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Delvorak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro Turns Off, Vibrates Continously?

Twice now I've had my pro seemingly turn completely off, it's completely unresponsive to any of the hard buttons, and the vibrate turns on, and stays on (it won't stop vibrating). It stays this way until I remove the battery. Once I put the battery back in, and hit the power button, it turns on and works fine.

I've searched the forums, and I've read a LOT about the pro, and I've never heard of anyone having this problem before.

Has anyone had their touch pro behave like this? Any ideas as to why it's doing it?

The first time it did it was after an alert for quickgps came up, telling me the data was expired. The second time, I think I was replying to a text message, so there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Scott
Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Lurker

RickyRage is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro Turns Off, Vibrates Continously?

Yes, I've had this problem in the past as well. Only two or three times in the 2 months I've owned the device. I've had to remove the battery to "fix" it. No idea what causes it either. But you're not alone!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Happened once to me but that was all.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bndfishing is just getting started

I had this problem when I was syncing. I had to remove the profile and sync with a new profile.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndfishing View Post
I had this problem when I was syncing. I had to remove the profile and sync with a new profile.
Interesting thought... but when it happened the first time, I had never synced it ("partnered" it) with any computers. The second time was after I had partnered it with a computer...

Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone anyway...
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

So today I came into work and tried to sync my pro up to my work computer (Vista Ultimate), and now every single time it tries to the connect to the "Windows Mobile Device Manager", it turns off and starts vibrating. Even after I end the partnership on both the computer and the phone. The only way I can get it to kind of work is if I tell the computer to "Connect Without Setting Up Your Device", which allows me to get to the phone through explorer, but I can't sync contacts/calendar.

I can't believe that this is a "rare" problem. Anyone have any ideas on something I could try to fix this? I'm contemplating a hard reset, but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No solution but I'll add to the list of users that have experienced this problem. Maybe not so rare...

Happened twice for no apparent reason. Both times I believed it was plugged into my PC via USB cable.

Maybe a certain ROM we are using?

(Kitchen 20931)
Old 12-30-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive never had the TP start vibrating, only when i received a text with the phone on vibrate and then the screen would go blank,the hardkey lights would stay on and the phone vibrated for thirty seconds. Once i pulled the battery out and put it back in, it started working. Before i had the phone swapped (for the stylus sensor issue) it would freeze up, it wouldnt wake the device up unless the battery was pulled, once the device was swapped. Brand new phone, brand new battery, it hasnt done it since.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post

Maybe a certain ROM we are using?

(Kitchen 20931)
I'm on the stock rom (version 1.03.651.3, date 9/12/08, radio: 1.03.15F), so it looks like it's affecting multiple roms.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

I'm on a stock sprint ROM and have only experienced this like 3 when I had the kb out and received a text.

Didn't matter what button I pressed, it kept vibrating. It stopped once I closed the KB though

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro