PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

robertd38606 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro CDMA PPC6850CS Repair Site

I have an HTC Touch Pro CDMA PPC6850CS from Cellular South that has never been in water, but I am having a problem with my LCD screen. There is no visible damage to the screen, but unless I apply a small amount of pressure to the bottom of the screen with my thumb, the screen is blank. With pressure applied, the screen is visible and functions correctly. So, it seems to be a connection problem.

What is the best place to have my phone repaired since Cellular South does not do repairs? HTC sent me to PCDPhones.com which will give me no quote other than $75+parts. Another site I found is ppctechs.com which quotes $189 total to repair the touchscreen and LCD.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited by robertd38606; 08-06-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA PPC6850CS Repair Site

That's a tough one bro... I would follow HTC's lead though... I think most of us carry insurance on our phone. If still under warranty you should try HTC directly again. Otherwise I wish you good luck. And hopefully someone here knows of another place.

p.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertd38606 View Post
I have an HTC Touch Pro CDMA PPC6850CS from Cellular South that has never been in water, but I am having a problem with my LCD screen. There is no visible damage to the screen, but unless I apply a small amount of pressure to the bottom of the screen with my thumb, the screen is blank. With pressure applied, the screen is visible and functions correctly. So, it seems to be a connection problem.

What is the best place to have my phone repaired since Cellular South does not do repairs? HTC sent me to PDCPhones.com which will give me no quote other than $75+parts. Another site I found is ppctechs.com which quotes $189 total to repair the touchscreen and LCD.

Thanks,

Robert

Well, seeing that the repairs are more expensive than a new/used phone
would be, I would say get another phone.

If you can't find a solution to your problem, and if you can run a sprint phone on your network, hit me up! I'll sell you a mint condition Sprint TP with a seido inno case WITH belt holster/clip for $150! Otherwise you can buy one, apparently, for $100 :P lol

good luck man.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work

I believe HTC also will do repairs outside of warranty for a fee. I don't know what it is, but you at least would know that it's done right.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South
Threadstarter

robertd38606 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
Well, seeing that the repairs are more expensive than a new/used phone
would be, I would say get another phone.

If you can't find a solution to your problem, and if you can run a sprint phone on your network, hit me up! I'll sell you a mint condition Sprint TP with a seido inno case WITH belt holster/clip for $150! Otherwise you can buy one, apparently, for $100 :P lol

good luck man.
A new phone would be 100 plus nearly 150 in early contract renewal fees that CSouth now charges as if you were breaking your contract (pro-rated). So it's still cheaper to repair it.

also, the site referred by HTC was pcdphones.com, not pdcphones as I originally typed.

Last edited by robertd38606; 08-06-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I meant, can't you buy a used phone to replace it with? Surely they won't charge you to activate it on your line?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro