PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Telus

630R63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cdma touch pro stuck at bootloader (have tried reflashing stock ROM and other ROMs)

even after loading stock telus ROM, Radio and re locking every rest brings me back to the boot-loader screen

"Security Unlocked"

RAPH800
SLP-0.37.000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

What I was doing when this happened?
I was connecting my touch pro to a laptop to use as a modem because the laptop did not have any network adaptor drivers installed.

I cannot do hard resets unless I discontent the battery, but I don't think it works like that. any idea what I can try I am out of warranty. I was running mightyROM 6 on there fine for ages,
Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: cdma touch pro stuck at bootloader (have tried reflashing stock ROM and other ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 630R63 View Post
even after loading stock telus ROM, Radio and re locking every rest brings me back to the boot-loader screen

"Security Unlocked"

RAPH800
SLP-0.37.000
MicroP-Hermann (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Hermann (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

What I was doing when this happened?
I was connecting my touch pro to a laptop to use as a modem because the laptop did not have any network adaptor drivers installed.

I cannot do hard resets unless I discontent the battery, but I don't think it works like that. any idea what I can try I am out of warranty. I was running mightyROM 6 on there fine for ages,
Try holding the power button, vol, down & center button with a reset. That should prompt a clear storage to manufacter settings. Then try unlocking again.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

630R63 is a n00b
Re: cdma touch pro stuck at bootloader (have tried reflashing stock ROM and other ROM

After doing that I was no longer able to use the USB to load ROMs, it would just stay at 0%. then I tried loading from micro sd card, and it is stuck at loading! I think it might be stuck at loading because the .nbh file I have is corrupt because im not sure how to grab it out of the file 'Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe' must also say it is rather difficult to do that 3 key press with the stylus and did it a few times to make sure I did it right.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
After doing that I was no longer able to use the USB to load ROMs, it would just stay at 0%. then I tried loading from micro sd card, and it is stuck at loading! I think it might be stuck at loading because the .nbh file I have is corrupt because im not sure how to grab it out of the file 'Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe' must also say it is rather difficult to do that 3 key press with the stylus and did it a few times to make sure I did it right.
Did you get to restore the phone with the reset? Please confirm that you got pass the 'Touch Pro' screen. You may want to double check the usb slot and the usb cord. Also, if you know the nbh file is corrupt, then you should not use it.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

630R63 is a n00b

No, the phone did not restore with the reset and I do not get past the 'Touch Pro' Screen (it returns to the same boot-loader screen in my first post). I have tried different USB cables and slots. I am not sure if the .nbh file is corrupt, it was just a guess. I ran the 'Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe' file and it extracted a bunch of files onto my desktop and while the application was still running I copied the .nbh file to the micro sd card. Is that the proper way to get the .nbh file? I am running windows 7 pro. x64 if it makes a difference. any other suggestions?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
No, the phone did not restore with the reset and I do not get past the 'Touch Pro' Screen (it returns to the same boot-loader screen in my first post). I have tried different USB cables and slots. I am not sure if the .nbh file is corrupt, it was just a guess. I ran the 'Raphael_CDMA_HSPL_037.exe' file and it extracted a bunch of files onto my desktop and while the application was still running I copied the .nbh file to the micro sd card. Is that the proper way to get the .nbh file? I am running windows 7 pro. x64 if it makes a difference. any other suggestions?
You should not have copied it while it was extracting. Can you access the storage card via a card reader? If so, drop it onto the desktop and then delete it from the card. If you can't, then take the card out of the phone and try to update again. Try to get to the bootloader mode. Press the power, vol down and reset (do NOT press the center button). Keep holding the power & vol down button as it boots. This time, extract the contents and run the ruu.exe to install via desktop.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

630R63 is a n00b

Drop what onto the desktop? I do have access to the micro sd card with card reader..
Old 08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

630R63 is a n00b

Now its not showing USB at the bottom of the screen, wow. is this what a brick feels like?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

630R63 is a n00b

did another hard reset holding power, vol. down and the middle button, now USB shows up again, and I attempted to run ROM update utility again the phone shows 0% and gets error 262..
Old 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Touch Pro Discussion. Upgrade forums are only to release a ROM/Radio or Kitchen

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro