PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

centman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help with "Live Search or Bing"

I have looked for the answer or even a similar question but have been unsuccessful. I have used live search for several years on my Sprint TP but now I continue to get the following pop up when I open the application
"Sorry, the Bing application isn't supported on this device. Go to m.bing.com in your browser instead"
I prefer live search over Bing even though they are similar. Now LS will not work at all. I have tried multiple different ROMS but still get the same pop up. What has changed or is it my device. If its my device what the hell happened. I have been running Mighty Rom for a long time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You JC
Old 07-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: help with "Live Search or Bing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by centman View Post
I have looked for the answer or even a similar question but have been unsuccessful. I have used live search for several years on my Sprint TP but now I continue to get the following pop up when I open the application
"Sorry, the Bing application isn't supported on this device. Go to m.bing.com in your browser instead"
I prefer live search over Bing even though they are similar. Now LS will not work at all. I have tried multiple different ROMS but still get the same pop up. What has changed or is it my device. If its my device what the hell happened. I have been running Mighty Rom for a long time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You JC
M$ I believe is phasing out Live Search in favor of Bing...

I gotta say it... Use Google!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

scottrudy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: help with "Live Search or Bing"

Scott Rudy described this issue in his HP blog
http://h30507.www3.hp.com/t5/The-Watering-Can-of-Enterprise/Lack-of-Backward-Compatibility-Lost-Market-Share-bing-for/ba-p/81712
and suggests a workaround. It isn't the best scenario, but at least you can use it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
bing, live search, windows live