PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

preston411 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Free texting w/o unlimited plan?

My wife has the IPhone for ATT... she has a program that allows her to send and receive texts to and from her phone without incurring text charges via "textnow.me".

I was wondering does anyone know of a program like this for Sprint? I do not have the unlimited plan. TIA!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Free texting w/o unlimited plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston411 View Post
My wife has the IPhone for ATT... she has a program that allows her to send and receive texts to and from her phone without incurring text charges via "textnow.me".

I was wondering does anyone know of a program like this for Sprint? I do not have the unlimited plan. TIA!
You can always send from your email account to their SMS address (ie ##@messaging.sprint.com)
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
You can always send from your email account to their SMS address (ie ##@messaging.sprint.com)
Or, something like Google Voice... but there's not really a good 'app' for WinMo in respect to GV unfortunately... if you had an Android device, your options would be much greater (unfortunately same goes for iPhone & BB to some extent...)
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I know it's not free but I think you can get 500 monthly texts for 5 bucks and unlimited for 10 bucks. You may want to check into this.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro