PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700 => Touch Pro => Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

killerdoberman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
#8 is on the way

#8 is on its way.

I have had my Touch Pro from VZW for 23 months. 3 unresponsive keyboards, 2 unresponsive touch screens, and 1 dead memory (couldn’t write to the internal memory to load a ROM). And then today my screen started flickering, and jumping after sliding out the keyboard. Good news, they are going to replace it again on day 91 of my 90 day warranty. I can't belive VZW still has a few more refurbished Touch Pros to hand out to customers.

I just wish that the VZW version of the Touch Pro was truly a Touch Pro, like most of you people.

One day I will upgrade…one day.

To those people who have had trouble with VZW’s Touch Pro and got a different model. Congratulation! ‘Cause even after I have gone through 7 of them, they won’t do anything for me.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: #8 is on the way

Yea, it seems most companies don't hand out upgrades unless you've gone thru a couple of devices in a short time period.

I actually got the TP as an upgrade from my Mogul for free. Assurion sent me a DOA Mogul, I didn't even complain when I called in and they immediately offered a spankin' new TP (it was new at the time, I swear :P)

So perhaps your issues are too spread out to get the upgrade. I know people who make a big deal out of it or are ridiculously persistent seem to be the ones getting the upgrades. You've gotta be a d!ck basically.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you want a different device then you dont go through VZN you go through Asurion. if your nice and get a decent tech then you might get something different, but i wouldnt count on it from VZN.

edit to add:

just so you know there were good TP's out there. i have had mine since feb 08 and not had a min's problem. my one and only Touch Pro is still kicking. i cant believe some people have had as many problems as they have.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
just so you know there were good TP's out there. i have had mine since feb 08 and not had a min's problem. my one and only Touch Pro is still kicking. i cant believe some people have had as many problems as they have.
Ditto, mine's the original and still kickin. Probably got it around the same time also...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

killerdoberman is a n00b

#8 came DOA! #9 is now on its way.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You've almost caught up to me. I went through 7 and gave my 8th to my wife... She's replaced hers once in almost a year. That makes it 9.
The problem she had was with unresponsive screen and mine varied... Most were keyboard issues.
I love the TP2 and my wife loves her TP.
p.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

killerdoberman is a n00b

Here's is a pic of my latest blunder.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

killerdoberman is a n00b

Another DOA today.

Going back to Verizon to request #10.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic 4g

ashamans is a n00b

verizon stoped me at #6, i have a alltel tp and after 1.5 years of getting refurbs they said no more.....looks like a verizon tp has a better warrenty

all mine came broken out of the box, so now im off the sprint

Epic 4g woo woo
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Wow...
I would strongly suggest fighting for a TP2 upgrade... I really don't miss going to the Sprint store.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro