PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: getting stuff from my phone to my computer without microsoft activesync?

You know, I'm gonna cut the op a break. Some people just don't understand cords. My wife has the hero and refuses to use any cord other than what came with it. It drives me bonkers. She even marked it so I can't switch it on her to prove her wrong. So op, I live with your ignorance everyday. I forgive you.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
You know, I'm gonna cut the op a break. Some people just don't understand cords. My wife has the hero and refuses to use any cord other than what came with it. It drives me bonkers. She even marked it so I can't switch it on her to prove her wrong. So op, I live with your ignorance everyday. I forgive you.
But if you come in here for advice, take it! Especially if several people confirm it!

I agree that it is confusing, but c'mon. Don't come in here looking for advice and then seemingly ignore it completely. That drives me bonkers.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah that's how my wife is too. if it didn't come with the device originally, it will be a cold day in hell before she uses another cord with the device. if i tell her she can use another cord we have laying around, she'll say "but the person we bought it from said this and that..."

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
yeah that's how my wife is too. if it didn't come with the device originally, it will be a cold day in hell before she uses another cord with the device. if i tell her she can use another cord we have laying around, she'll say "but the person we bought it from said this and that..."
for both of you, i would hide the cord or just cut an extra up so she thinks it was hers and is dead and gone to force her to use another cord. of course, im an a$$ like that sometimes. LOL.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
for both of you, i would hide the cord or just cut an extra up so she thinks it was hers and is dead and gone to force her to use another cord. of course, im an a$$ like that sometimes. LOL.
You know those things that only bother you when you're already in a bad mood but other than that you don't really care, you just laugh at it and call the person stupid? It's one of those. But when we start fighting, I pull out the "AND USE A DIFFERENT ****ING CORD WITH YOUR CHARGER!!!"

Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

kaine8 is a n00b

Quote:
not only yes, but you can go to any best buy, staples, or walmart and buy the cable. its just a USB to mini usb. its used in cell phones, digital cams, PSP's, Playstations, hell, even the little photo key chain thing i have uses it. they are everywhere. take the phone with you just to make sure you get the right one.

Quote:
OP, don't you have a digital camera? if you've bought a digital camera in the last couple of years, that camera came with a data cable so you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos. you can use that same cable on your phone. meaning before you borrow your neighbor's, you may already have this laying around the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I'm pretty sure I said just this on page one somewheres... For whatever reason the OP is intentionally being coy and/or difficult... I won't list the alternatives.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
But if you come in here for advice, take it! Especially if several people confirm it!

I agree that it is confusing, but c'mon. Don't come in here looking for advice and then seemingly ignore it completely. That drives me bonkers.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You know those things that only bother you when you're already in a bad mood but other than that you don't really care, you just laugh at it and call the person stupid? It's one of those. But when we start fighting, I pull out the "AND USE A DIFFERENT ****ING CORD WITH YOUR CHARGER!!!"
geez way to highjack my thread, and sorry im only 13 i know about computers but barely anything about wires but anyways thanks for helping me with my problem, and i wasnt tryna be stubborn, like i said, im just didnt know anything, because on like the first page i guess i wasnt understanding your answer, which i then understood on like the 2nd page, but anyways thanks a lot guys idk i hardly come on this forum but if i had more rep power id rep u, again thanks and have a good day
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaine8 View Post
geez way to highjack my thread, and sorry im only 13 i know about computers but barely anything about wires but anyways thanks for helping me with my problem, and i wasnt tryna be stubborn, like i said, im just didnt know anything, because on like the first page i guess i wasnt understanding your answer, which i then understood on like the 2nd page, but anyways thanks a lot guys idk i hardly come on this forum but if i had more rep power id rep u, again thanks and have a good day
13 and you've got a TP... man, I hope you bought that yourself! Kids today... listen to your elders! Damn whippersnappers
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP still didn't say anything about if he did any of what we suggested to him. and if you know about computers...i suggest you start knowing about your cables as well. for the past so many years...mobile devices (among other electronics) have been providing data cable for you to use on your computer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro