PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: getting stuff from my phone to my computer without microsoft activesync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaine8 View Post
you guys dont understand. this is the charger:
We do understand, evidently you don't. I'm saying that the plug doesn't have to match exactly - any mini-usb cable will do. You really don't have any lying around? I have a ton, there are a plethora of devices that use that type of plug. PS3 is one which I already mentioned, there's a lot of BT headsets that use it, cameras, old phones... If you really, truly do not have a single mini-usb cable then go buy one. Like another poster said, $4 or less. Monoprice.com they're dirt cheap, just gotta wait for shipping.

Other than that, wifi/3g transfer of your stuff is the only other option save BT which is a little tricky - and I'm guessing your PC doesn't have BT built-in, and if you're too cheap to buy a usb cable you probably don't have a BT dongle either.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
you guys dont understand. this is the charger:
if thats your charger then HTF were you transferring things in the first place?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
if thats your charger then HTF were you transferring things in the first place?
First line from the OP:

Quote:
ok so my phone charger broke and my dad bought me a new one
Old 07-23-2010, 11:35 AM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
First line from the OP:
i asked earlier what happened to his original charger USB cable. even if the charger(OEM) stopped working or broke that doesnt mean the USB cable was bad.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
i asked earlier what happened to his original charger USB cable. even if the charger(OEM) stopped working or broke that doesnt mean the USB cable was bad.
Oh, I just assumed it was the cable itself that broke... I hope for the OP's sake that was a correct assumption.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

kaine8 is a n00b

Quote:
We do understand, evidently you don't. I'm saying that the plug doesn't have to match exactly - any mini-usb cable will do. You really don't have any lying around? I have a ton, there are a plethora of devices that use that type of plug. PS3 is one which I already mentioned, there's a lot of BT headsets that use it, cameras, old phones... If you really, truly do not have a single mini-usb cable then go buy one. Like another poster said, $4 or less. Monoprice.com they're dirt cheap, just gotta wait for shipping.

Other than that, wifi/3g transfer of your stuff is the only other option save BT which is a little tricky - and I'm guessing your PC doesn't have BT built-in, and if you're too cheap to buy a usb cable you probably don't have a BT dongle either.
my next door neighbor who im good friends with, has a ps3, ur saying he has some kind of usb cable that will plug from my phone into my computer to work microsoft activesync? and to the guy asking about my charger yea its a totally different kind, and i know its not working because it feel apart, the wires came unbined and maybe a simple fix like electric tape would work, but even before the wire unbined the computer wasnt reading the usb so it was just broken.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
my next door neighbor who im good friends with, has a ps3, ur saying he has some kind of usb cable that will plug from my phone into my computer to work microsoft activesync?.
yes!!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
yes!!
not only yes, but you can go to any best buy, staples, or walmart and buy the cable. its just a USB to mini usb. its used in cell phones, digital cams, PSP's, Playstations, hell, even the little photo key chain thing i have uses it. they are everywhere. take the phone with you just to make sure you get the right one.

Last edited by Mylt1; 07-28-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP, don't you have a digital camera? if you've bought a digital camera in the last couple of years, that camera came with a data cable so you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos. you can use that same cable on your phone. meaning before you borrow your neighbor's, you may already have this laying around the house.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
OP, don't you have a digital camera? if you've bought a digital camera in the last couple of years, that camera came with a data cable so you can connect the camera to your computer to transfer photos. you can use that same cable on your phone. meaning before you borrow your neighbor's, you may already have this laying around the house.
I'm pretty sure I said just this on page one somewheres... For whatever reason the OP is intentionally being coy and/or difficult... I won't list the alternatives.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro