PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Samip is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: screen problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by studentjunk View Post
I'm not convinced it's the digitizer. Has anyone had a similar problem that was fixed by replacing the digitizer? To me, it looks like it's working. It's just showing the wrong information. I am wondering if it's actually on the board, and the digitizer is working just fine. I guess I'm afraid you may go out and buy a digitizer just to find out it doesn't fix the problem, and be out $50. Although it may be worth the risk.

Have you tried going back to stock ROM? Also, have you had the phone for less than a year? Maybe it's under warranty.
Ya, I'm not sure if it is the digitizer either, since the phone does respond to wherever I touch on the screen. and sadly, it's like my 4th refurbished phone, and i've had the phone for around a year and a half. getting them to replace my old tp with this one was a pain, so I don't want to go through that again haha. I don't think it has anything to do with the ROM because the screen goes haywire even on the splash screen and the tricolor screen.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Samip is a n00b

So, I opened up the phone, but what I found inside looked nothing like what was in the manual haha, probably because mine is CDMA and the manual was for GSM. Does anyone have a CDMA manual?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

i did a search on google for a touch pro teardown and it gave me almost step by step (sorta) i was able to get it completely apart in about ten minutes of prying and cursing. just be careful of what you're doing, sprint doesn't like it when we tool around inside these things.

imho it looks to be a poorly seated connector cable. i would just take it to a sprint store and see what they can do, you said you have had it replaced with refurbs... does that mean you have tep? if so, take advantage and use it for what it's meant for. if you don't have tep, then just take it apart... there's a bunch of screws and delicate cable connections though.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Samip is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
i did a search on google for a touch pro teardown and it gave me almost step by step (sorta) i was able to get it completely apart in about ten minutes of prying and cursing. just be careful of what you're doing, sprint doesn't like it when we tool around inside these things.

imho it looks to be a poorly seated connector cable. i would just take it to a sprint store and see what they can do, you said you have had it replaced with refurbs... does that mean you have tep? if so, take advantage and use it for what it's meant for. if you don't have tep, then just take it apart... there's a bunch of screws and delicate cable connections though.
No I don't have tep, the phone came with 1 year warranty, and after that I was just lucky. can you direct me to a link? I went to ifixit.com, but they didn't really have any steps. When I did open it, i was in the part that had the connection that controls the vibrator, I figured this out because I forgot to make sure it was connected properly before I put it back together.

EDIT: nevermind, I figured out how to get to the screen.

Last edited by Samip; 08-19-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: figured it out
Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Samip is a n00b

All of the PCB and screen connections seemed to be in fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro