PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Way early EVO! *does cartwheel*

My contract end date is Oct. 10. I am getting it moved up to Jul. 20! All I did was tell them that my Touch Pro would get really hot and stop charging after a while, and that I took it to the Sprint store twice. They claimed they couldn't replicate the problem, but only tested the phone for a few minutes, so of course they wouldn't be able to. I said I would like my contract date moved so I can get a new phone and use the Touch Pro as a backup. All of this was true, so I have no fear of prosecution from the Morality Police. Bada bing, ring-a-ling, and I'm told that I will be able to get a new phone with the full discount tomorrow (7/20).

*That cartwheel by the way, made me land on my face. I can't do them.
**I'll have to change my signature, as I'll no longer be on the sweet America 1000 plan. I do have an interview with a company on the discount program, so hopefully I'll get the job and the discount!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Way early EVO! *does cartwheel*

You are one lucky bastage sir. I have had my keyboard die for the 4th time on this phone, and I was just informed that the crack in the trim on the phone is now considered "physical damage" and Sprint will no longer honor the TEP. (I guess TEP isn't all that total)

When I asked about getting my contract date moved up (it is the same as yours) I was told they would not do that. I am stuck waiting until Oct 10.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
You are one lucky bastage sir. I have had my keyboard die for the 4th time on this phone, and I was just informed that the crack in the trim on the phone is now considered "physical damage" and Sprint will no longer honor the TEP. (I guess TEP isn't all that total)

When I asked about getting my contract date moved up (it is the same as yours) I was told they would not do that. I am stuck waiting until Oct 10.
Call again in a couple of weeks and use the keyboard as your reason to move to another phone. I didn't even mention the Evo in my conversation with the CSR. Good luck. I'm having trouble actually finding an Evo. I'm on a couple of waiting lists. I was at the front of one the other day, but I passed, as I wanted the extra $75. Oh well.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

so, is the evo an option for replacing the tP?

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i still haven't gotten one yet. i was at the top of the list but the guy at radioshack sold the one i was supposed to get. if you haven't played with android yet, you can use it on your tp (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104276) to test drive it. many out there love it as it is sold out in most places and only trickles in. many people's main gripes on the boards are battery life and the video rendering speeds, but those things have already been fixed, or you can easily use a different rom to get around it. if you HAVE TO have a keyboard, sprint will have one from samsung that has 4G, and they are saying it will come out on Aug. 20.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i finally got my evo! i had to fight with customer service for an hour to be placed on simply everything data plus (long story)but all is well. i like it alot. i haven't rooted yet, but i may soon. i was thinking about holding out for the epic, due to the keyboard and the 16gb card, but i couldn't wait.

Last edited by akastixx; 08-11-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

haha, i am thinking about the epic specifically because of the keyboard. enjoy!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-M900 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

evo is nice. lack of keyboard, sh!tty video quality, n the damn fm radio never worked was 3 major reasons to return it before the 30th day. next test is the epic in 17 days!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Yea, my TP's keyboard is flakin out on me... The Epic is looking mighty nice. I'm pretty partial to HTC devices, but hey - Sprint doesn't have a single 'premium' Android device with a full keyboard. The Epic seems to be my only choice, as waiting another year is not really an option at this point!

Hope you like your EVO!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

spycom is a n00b

I'd just be careful with the Epic. I used to swear by samsung, but in the last year my household has replaced 4 Samsungs and 2 LGs. Their quality isn't was it used to be. I too want an Epic for the keyboard but my recent experience has me very scared.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
contract, discount, early, evo