PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Broken Bezel - Signal Loose (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128626)

hsingh00 07-14-2010 11:22 AM

Broken Bezel - Signal Loose

Hey guys

Well a couple of days ago a piece of my bezel broke off (top-right from the screen section not the keyboard). So I super glued it back into place. Just wondering where the antenna is and/or if the bezel is somewhat part of the antenna. I've been getting crappy signal since then...missing calls..goes into roaming alot.

Let me know what you guys think.

arrrghhh 07-14-2010 11:47 AM

Re: Broken Bezel - Signal Loose

Could be related, do you have TEP?

Otherwise if the phone is still under a manufacturer warranty you could get it replaced...

hsingh00 07-14-2010 12:03 PM

Unfortunately I do not...I mistakingly miss the deadline for it. I've had a good almost 2 yr run with it. I was planing on going to the EVO here in a couple of months so I can get the $150 discount...looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just go for it now.

BTW..thanks for all the post in the Android thread..works great on the TP :-)

If anybody else knows anything else....please let me know...

hsingh00 07-15-2010 10:23 AM

haha..well dont' burn me on this..but i found out why my signal isn't so great. I only noticed it at work since i'm at work most of the day. Our building just got brand new shiny tint on all the windows. Looks like that's what attenuating the signal at work. I asked a couple of my co-works if they were having the same problem and guess what! they are! One of which has kids in school and is going to have a big problem with this because she's not getting calls just like me. Looks like anybody with smartphone on Spring and Verizon is having a problem. A couple of the guys here with "regular" phones are not having problems...but has seen a reduction in the number of bars. I'm assuming the antenna is tuned different for smart phones for higher data maybe?

Not sure if i can fiddle with something in the back menus on WinMo...maybe for Android too? Oh btw way...when i'm in android i dont' receive calls at all but for some reason i can make them. On WinMo I jump from 1 bar to roaming but I do receive some calls.

I sent a email to Sprint bitchin that i'm having problem with signal and so are my sprint coworkers..dont' know if thats gonna get anywhere though.

neways...this suck..

arrrghhh 07-15-2010 11:47 AM

I'd talk to your employer, it doesn't sound like it's a sprint/vzw problem.

You can get something like the AirRave or perhaps there's something your company can do to boost signal in the entire building itself.