PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
FM Radio Discussion

As promised here, this thread is dedicated to finding a working solution to using the FM radio feature on the Touch Pro.

Please remember to stay on topic and to be considerate and respectful.

For reference, here is the original FM radio thread.

late,
Santa Coz

Last edited by Big D5; 01-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: FM Radio Discussion

So we all are in agreement that the FM Radio chipset is indeed on the Touch Pro and that it is merely a software/firmware issue preventing the usage?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

here are my theories

1. Kernal
2. Something in the fms.dll and the other .dll are pointing something the wrong way.... like to another port. This is my most likely theory. For example you have laptop 1 and laptop 2. you have flash drive 1 and flash drive 2. And the operating system on both computers will only read from port a not port b, and laptop 1 had flash drive a in port b, it wouldnt read it. Therefore the diamond is laptop b with the radio stuff in port a where as the pro is laptop 1 with the radio stuff in port b.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
So we all are in agreement that the FM Radio chipset is indeed on the Touch Pro and that it is merely a software/firmware issue preventing the usage?
no it has the same stuff as the diamond but could be physically disconnected.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well, I can scan but it will not find stations. There are so many mixed results with this...
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

As it stand the way i see it the driver is missing something for sound still and the api is damaged, it does not save the scanned stations it finds and it just acts a lil funny. it even does on the diamond you have no sound at first untill you cycle to the speaker and then back to the headset. but this could also mean its spl locked and not accessing the hardware correctly, and not a driver issue at all

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Well its crazy because if you look in the Windows folder there are a few bmp's for the radio such as radio_lost_signal and others there is also a RadioInfo.dll which is dependant on the Ril.dll and the coredll.dll and also a FMS.dll and fms_api.dll and both are depedant on the coredll.dll as well. Two other files are fm_on.bts. fm_on_2_0.bts and fm_on_2_1.bts so it has to be just disabled in the SPL.

Last edited by tsowen; 12-20-2008 at 03:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

black_co is just getting started

This may or may not help.

At my last job we used a program to check dll dependencies. If somebody could rip the windows folder out of their TP then we might be able to use something like Dependency Walker to check the dll's in question to see if all the needed dll's are there.

Just my 2% of a dollar.

Here's the link: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ruined is just getting started

Heres what I remeber from my previous investigations
Files:
FMS.dll (common file to all FM)
fms_api.dll (common file to all FM)
FM_on_2_0.bts (common file to all FM)
FM_on_2_1.bts (common file to all FM)
FMInit_2.bts (common file to all FM)
TIInit_5_3_53.bts (BT Chip intialization file! NEEDS MORE INVESTIGATION)
TIInit_5_2_34.bts (BT Chip intialization file, diff version)
TIInit_4_2_38.bts (BT Chip intialization file not our chip)
BTHCI.dll (BT HCI, ver 1.43, is 1.90 on diamond called by dll to communicate with chip, both versions do have calls to the FM chip)

Using the FM test app from HTC the program appears to be communicating with the FM portion of the chip, at least partially. RSSI levels returned by the chip are junk, since this level is used to detect stations the FM radio is not locking.

Last edited by ruined; 12-20-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: extra
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

The Touch Pro has been torn down and pics are now available.. Go here for the relevant thread...
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro