PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

chasemercurio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Please! I have a HTC Touch Pro that i flashed to metropcs!

I put in all the settings to get the internet working. It works on and off! The sprint setting keeps over writing the metropcs settings! Could some one please tell me how to make this stop! i have deleted some reg strings!
Using a registry editor:
HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing
Delete string Extension

HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
Delete String ForceCellConnection

Also try to delete comm\rasbook

phone as modem
sprint pcs
and the both come back! Please some one help!
Also tried using advanced config to disable and it faults out the program!!!
Please help me it is driving me CRAZY
Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro on MetrOPCS
Carrier: MetroPCS

cdahlquistjr is a n00b
Re: Help Please! I have a HTC Touch Pro that i flashed to metropcs!

I have a TP on Metro that works fine. Have you tried deleteing the settings from the menu where you added the Metro connection?

Start-Settings-Connnections-Connections-Advanced (tab)-Select Networks- and then AutoConnect to internet connection select Sprint (or whatever has the Sprint settings-Edit-General(Tab) and Delete Settings

From the edit you can also go through each connection and reset them to MetroPCS settings. No registry edits should be needed.

I hope this helps.

Also, I'm attaching a MetroPCS settings cab (I know it says Mogul but it works)(i didn't make it. would love to give credit, but it's just I cabI now have)
Delete all of the connections that exist then run the cab the open IE and it will pop up asking you for your username & password (you can also edit the
modem in the connection the cab creates to yourphone#@mymetropcs.com and pw: metropcs) I would try the above way first as the cab got rid of my battery indicator (I used advanced config seting Show Battery/Time to bring it back)

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RyanMogul Full Metro PCS Programmer.cab (113.8 KB, 68 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i am assuming your are using sprint touch pro phone with factory rom...sprint has an app that guards its settings...htc guardian....so what you do...
1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

now do internet settings again....should work!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

papidj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
i am assuming your are using sprint touch pro phone with factory rom...sprint has an app that guards its settings...htc guardian....so what you do...
1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running.

NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders:

Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe
Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt
Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD

NOTE: renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

now do internet settings again....should work!
And where is the dummy file? also i can't fin the Iota folder, can u help? Ihave a touc pro already flashed to metro, using spring stock rom(just recently flashed with the houdini softh)
Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: METROPCS

htc+dg is a n00b

Hey, I have the exact same problem that you have.. were you able to fix it.. please any one help
Old 06-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: METROPCS

htc+dg is a n00b

where is the dummy file?? I have the same problem with my htc diamond.. could you help me please
Old 06-20-2010, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

just get a new rom and follow the tutorial

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

andy941 is a n00b

Hi There,
I'm trying to purchase a TP on ebay. Can you use a WCDMA phone on Metro or does will CDMA only work?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy941 View Post
Hi There,
I'm trying to purchase a TP on ebay. Can you use a WCDMA phone on Metro or does will CDMA only work?
only cdma
Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800

andy941 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy941 View Post
Hi There,
Thanks Pimp but I see that most of the TP being sold on ebay either from SPRINT or Verizon or Alltel have WCDMA. I read in a different threads that the makers of the phone use this as a way of utlitizing both CDMA and GSM? Can you enlighten me?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro