PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wifi on Touch Pro Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126511)

h2onions 06-24-2010 04:59 PM

Wifi on Touch Pro Question

I have read many forums discussing wifi on the Touch Pro and that it will not work with n signals. I have a Belkin N Router and it is set up to broadcast b/g/n signals at the same time, but my touch pro can't find the router when wifi is turned on. I have tried adding my home network, but it says it is not available still. I know the key is correct also and the ssid.

I also have had a Diamond, Mogul and Apache and all three have connected fine to my router. Why can't my Touch Pro connect to it?

Mswezey 06-24-2010 07:17 PM

Re: Wifi on Touch Pro Question

Is wifi turned on with your touch pro?

h2onions 06-24-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mswezey (Post 1835679)
Is wifi turned on with your touch pro?

Yeah, it is. I go into CommManager and turn it on that way and go through the settings>connections>wifi and turn it on that way. It still doesn't find it, and in my router settings it says it is projecting all b/g/n signals.

Mswezey 06-25-2010 04:09 AM

Umm... stock rom on it?

has your TP ever been able to connect to any wireless? Or is this the first time you've actually tried with it.

h2onions 06-25-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mswezey (Post 1836591)
Umm... stock rom on it?

has your TP ever been able to connect to any wireless? Or is this the first time you've actually tried with it.

Yes, it is latest stock rom from HTC. I changed the output signal of the router to b/g, and it was able to connect to it. When I changed it back to output of b/g/n; it was not able to connect still.

Mswezey 06-25-2010 07:26 PM

Hmm...that is very weird...

I want to say the router isn't actually broadcasting the b/g signals but you said you had other devices connected to it just fine....

Could the wireless N signal be interfering with your TP sniffing out the b/g signal?

Do you use the N signal? If not, just leave it at b/g broadcasting.

h2onions 06-25-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mswezey (Post 1838050)
Hmm...that is very weird...

I want to say the router isn't actually broadcasting the b/g signals but you said you had other devices connected to it just fine....

Could the wireless N signal be interfering with your TP sniffing out the b/g signal?

Do you use the N signal? If not, just leave it at b/g broadcasting.

Yes, other devices connected to it just fine and my older winmo phones connected to it just fine with it broadcasting b/g/n. Just my TP isn't able to. It is weird.
I don't know if the N signal is interfering, but I wouldn't think so because my other old WM devices could connect just fine.
I'm using the b/g broadcasting signal now since its working fine for my TP. I wish I could still broadcast all three though. Thanks. :)

Mswezey 06-26-2010 12:41 AM

No problem, wish I could help more. That's a really weird issue though : /