PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hockey593 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Result from upgrading ROM?

Hi, i got my TP about 3 days ago, but im not completely stupid to the subject of upgrading roms and what not. I changed my rom for the first time yesterday, and the data wouldnt work, i kept getting the "Error 67 Data Call Failure" message whenever i tried accessing any form of internet on the phone. after trying to update my PRI numerous times, i looked into downloading the Sprint DCD cab file to get my data to work, i tried that and it still didnt work. I tried changing ROMs about 6 more times last night, and it still didnt work. Now im back to the default Sprint Stock rom, still not working lol. My friends internet on his rumor wasnt working either, maybe its the network? or maybe its my phone? if its my phone, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nokia Lumia 920
Carrier: AT&T

swinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuff
Re: Result from upgrading ROM?

Try running "Update Profile" from the Settings->System menu (could be under Connections too).
Old 06-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockey593 is a n00b

trying that as i type.

says the same error message
Old 06-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

lmvcorp is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to lmvcorp

What ROM did you flash it to? I have the sprint's T.Pro and i really didnt have any problems running any Rom. im running nfsfan's rom. thats the one that works the best in my opinion. try flashing it back to stock. s
Old 06-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Touch Pro Discussion
Old 06-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

never had a problem with data when flashing to the proper rom

tried
mighty mikes
a lot of others

currently on energy rom
Old 06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I would flash stock then reflash custom
Old 06-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hockey593 is a n00b

Thanks for the replies..Ive tried 7 didnt roms, and the stock one, i tried relocking it but i couldnt relock even ith raphaels relocker. I called sprint customer service and their "Expert Tech" couldnt figure it out either, her advice was to take it in, but if there is any way i could avoid that itd be appreciated lol.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1....i feel your pain. i was trying to relock my tp at one point. spent almost all night flashing and reflashing to stock and trying to relock. i just finally gave up. but interested in the answer too.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BurgsideTiger is keeping up the good workBurgsideTiger is keeping up the good work

have you tried to task29 the phone with a new radio???

I have seen others with the same issues that get resolved with this. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121736

I have used it, and it does wonders with phone issues. Clears out the memory from prior flashes.
personally im not a fan of the reach around either. its not that per se, but more whats going on behind!. i hope you meant they always give you the run around, cuz if not, id avoid that store altogether!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
data, rom, touch pro