PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ForteD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ForteD
I can't format my MMC

after use android but I can't use android so I reset my ppc, now I can't delete file on my MMC and can't format it, please help me
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ForteD is a n00b
Re: I can't format my MMC

please help me .
Old 06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Uhm what?!? How are you deleting it? Off the phone directly? From WinMo? What specific files are you having issues deleting?

How have you tried formatting it? Are you using special software? From within Windows? Perhaps GParted?!?

You need to give us more info!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ForteD is a n00b

I try to use all way you said, but can't format or delete file on MMC
Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Dude, I asked questions. If you're not going to answer them, it's going to be nearly impossible to help you.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ForteD is a n00b

How are you deleting it? I delete it by window and ppc but I can't
Off the phone directly? From WinMo? yes
What specific files are you having issues deleting? some file I can delete, some file I can't. All including format file

How have you tried formatting it? I try format in ppc with software, in pc with format of window and some software
Are you using special software? yes
From within Windows? yes
Perhaps GParted?!? I don't understand
sorry my poor english, thanks for help
Old 06-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

You still really didn't answer my questions... perhaps there is a language barrier, I'll try my best to use simple terms.

So are you using Windows XP? When you plug your phone in, do you get a new drive in "My Computer"? Mine comes up as E:\, yours may be different. Should just say "Removable Disk" - right click on that and go to "Format...". You should be able to leave the defaults, click start. What does it do?

If this does not work for you, have you tried formatting the storage card in a card reader? So you would take the card out of your phone, and place it into a device that would read the card on the PC - do you have one of those?

I'm sure there's something silly you're missing, so if you'd like to do a teamviewer session I don't mind. It may help with the language barrier to see what you're trying to do
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work

Here is a simple thing you can try, go on windows, copy the files you want to a folder and when you are done, format it. Simple

Judging by you meaning you can't format the memory card becuase you have some files you want to keep.

Sorry if I didn't help

If you mean you can't format it, try this:
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oad/index.html

an sd formatter

Last edited by gokuman56; 06-15-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Extra Help
Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ForteD is a n00b

If you mean you can't format it, try this:
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...oad/index.html
>>> I used to try it, but can't format, it said my SDHC is write protect

So are you using Windows XP? When you plug your phone in, do you get a new drive in "My Computer"? Mine comes up as E:\, yours may be different. Should just say "Removable Disk" - right click on that and go to "Format...". You should be able to leave the defaults, click start. What does it do?
I used to try it, when format 100% it said unable complete format

If this does not work for you, have you tried formatting the storage card in a card reader? So you would take the card out of your phone, and place it into a device that would read the card on the PC - do you have one of those?
I used to try it, but it said same format via ppc

so if you'd like to do a teamviewer session I don't mind >> I have teamviewer, but now my pc not received my SDHC with card reader. I try to connect SDHC to pc by ppc, my pc received SDHC but can't open drive. My ppc received SDHC and can open, but can't delete or open file in SDHC, I try to use software format for pcc, it said complete but when I open SDHC nothing change, all file still stay on SDHC
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

I just saw you said the SDHC is write protected... is there a tab on the side of the card that locks it? Some cards have this, make sure it's NOT enabled. It's usually a tiny white switch on the side of the card, just slide it in the other direction & try again...

And what is that Panasonic formatter? I've always used the HP USB Key Format Utility...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro