PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Current:EVO!!!MY FAV! Old: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gokuman56 is keeping up the good workgokuman56 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Life Sucks on Touch Pro, need help!!

Hello, If I leave my phone on standby mode, the battery lasts about 5 hours on no use at all, this is a new battery.Are there any tweaks or anything to fix it?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FaithOmitted is just getting started
Re: Battery Life Sucks on Touch Pro, need help!!

There is a battery and performance hack .cab file around here somewhere; if no one else gives it to you then next time I can find a USB cable I will zip and post it. I don't know how well it works but it can't hurt to try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:08 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

how long has this been going on? the battery could near the end of it's life, or just a good calibration to the phone. let fully die, fully charge (off preferably) then power back on and wait for a full charge indication again.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:14 AM
N00b

FaithOmitted is just getting started

Here is the .cab file. From everything I've read, it's terrible to drain LiIon batteries all the way but Shaggy is right about the life of the battery and it could just be at the end of its life. I've even seen batteries only 6 months old go out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BatteryAndPerformanceHack.zip (938 Bytes, 35 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:18 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithOmitted View Post
. From everything I've read, it's terrible to drain LiIon batteries all the way
most current lithium's have internal circuits to prevent draining to 0v, but the phone will not power up without closer to 3vdc. so it's not actually draining all the way. many older electronics would drain any juice available if the switch was on.

why use up all available charges on the top half and then be left with a battery that can only fill up halfway. I'd rather maximize my experience by using the most of every charge, or rather not charge much at all by keeping it plugged in whenever possible.

Last edited by shaggylive; 06-12-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

nothing is gonna improve battery on that pig .. if u want my opinion being as im a former tp1 owner ... buy spare batterys! .. i had 4 ... i couldnt get thru a day without at least carrying 1 spare to work n by the time i got home battery 1 was dead n #2 about 30% .. that phone killed my car chargers no matter what brand or whose car i used it in so unless i was near a 115v outlet i was to rely solely on spares.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

ken52787 is a n00b

Just curious, does anyone know what the posted battery and performance hack tweaks?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
Hello, If I leave my phone on standby mode, the battery lasts about 5 hours on no use at all, this is a new battery.Are there any tweaks or anything to fix it?
I hate to break it to ya, I've had every variation of the touch pro, and the battery blew on all of them except for the HTC FUZE, I tried everything from battery and performance hacks to roms, to changing the pagepool on the rom, and trying different radios, nothing help enough to get me a full days life on it unfortunately

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

CrossXcalibur is just getting started

I recommend the Mugen 3000mah extended battery. I get two days use without a recharge.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken52787 View Post
Just curious, does anyone know what the posted battery and performance hack tweaks?
Hey not sure if you were still wondering, didn't look into it too far but here are the reg edits it makes. Hope it helps you out, if not then sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
"limit"=dword:00008000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\StorageManager\FATFS]
"CacheSize"=dword:00001000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\StorageManager\Filters\fsreplxfilt]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:00001000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms]
"DisablePowerManagement"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone]
"Flags2"=dword:00000010
One this that might help you out is trying different programs, settings, and roms. I was running a few where I would get close to 2.5 days with mild use. I also love the program Lumos. It is a great program that monitors light input and adjusts the background light accordingly. This seems to do wonders for my batter, along with a locker that will pretty much turn off the phone when it goes into standby. Another one that saves me lots of battery is installing Advanced Config and setting your data connection to turn off after 10/20/or 30 seconds, this seems to cut down on my battery usage by leaps and bounds. If you haven't tried those things I would. I am going on the same battery for the past year and 6 months, on basically all day and turned off while charging whenever I need it. Currently I'm on energy rom and without Lumos and my locking program I'm getting just over a day. I have had roms that last me no more than 6 hours and I've had ones that last me days. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited by Thursday; 06-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro