PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to I m J James
I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

I noticed people tend to hate there touch pro...I dont understand this. I love my Touch Pro, I love it because it is highly customizable and its like a mini computer. I havent had any big problems with it since I have had it and I bought it used.

Here are three top complaints I have noticed by users.

1: Battery sucks dude wtf!?
Answer: What do you expect? Its a pocket PC..you can almost do virtually anything on this cellphone that you can do on your computer. I am pretty sure that your house has a AC outlet in every corner. I can also guarantee you that the Car charger does work in your car......also anywhere you go in United states they will have a AC outlet. If you are to lazy to plug your phone into a outlet....you can also buy extra battery on ebay for less than $10(Buy 5 of them).

2: Its slow wtf!?
Answer: Get off the stock rom(Worst thing you can do is use the stock rom) and flash your phone using one of many custom roms available. I suggest Energy Rom or MightyMouse for speed and stability.

3: Why is it so thick?
Answer: Why did you purchase the phone if you did not like the design.

I just have one more thing to say if you are not electronic/software literate this phone is not for you(HTC Touch Pro is way over your thinking capacity) Get a iphone or Jitterbug.

I'm sorry just had to get this off my chest.

Last edited by I m J James; 01-24-2010 at 01:57 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

Totally agree. I think since alot of Touch Pro users came from other pocket pc devices, this phone didnt meet their expectations. That and there has been alot of documented hardware issues (havent experienced any myself) but I read alot. Personally, I love my touch pro. But I can see how people who are on their 4+ touch pro could be a little bitter.
dschoenike

Old 01-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Totally agree. I think since alot of Touch Pro users came from other pocket pc devices, this phone didnt meet their expectations. That and there has been alot of documented hardware issues (havent experienced any myself) but I read alot. Personally, I love my touch pro. But I can see how people who are on their 4+ touch pro could be a little bitter.
dschoenike
How long have you had yours?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ive had mine for one year and a day I just realized that
dschoenike
Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

My TP's manufacture date is Marche 2009 and its still in perfect working condition. No hardware problems at all. Its crazy how people are on there 3rd or even 4th TP within one year. It might be do to them not knowing how to take care of a pocket pc phone.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

Battery does suck. Go over to the TP2 and you'll definitely see the difference.

It overheats. overheats to the point that the phone has to stop it self from charging if you're charging and talking on the phone, gps, or youtube. NO phone that I've had does that. that's a safety feature that HTC most likely implements in all of their phones. there's no reason for it to be triggered so frequently.

the dpad sucks ass. if you're off by cm, you'll be pressing another button.

keyboard breaks for MOST users.

INTERNET on the TP is SLOW AS ****. internet on the TP2 is 2-3 times faster. same with the mogul.

the oil slicks. still happens on some TP2s though.

there's probably more I'm forgetting.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Internet on TP2 is 2-3 times faster than TP? Technically this is not possible. It's the browser application and your network connection that determines internet speed not hardware. (OH and btw TP2 hardware specs is almost identical to TP)
Old 01-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
Battery does suck. Go over to the TP2 and you'll definitely see the difference.

It overheats. overheats to the point that the phone has to stop it self from charging if you're charging and talking on the phone, gps, or youtube. NO phone that I've had does that. that's a safety feature that HTC most likely implements in all of their phones. there's no reason for it to be triggered so frequently.

the dpad sucks ass. if you're off by cm, you'll be pressing another button.

keyboard breaks for MOST users.

INTERNET on the TP is SLOW AS ****. internet on the TP2 is 2-3 times faster. same with the mogul.

the oil slicks. still happens on some TP2s though.

there's probably more I'm forgetting.
I think that about covers it! LOL
Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

wow this kind of thread isnt about iphone this time, weird
Old 01-24-2010, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

You know, I think a lot of people just complain and arent satisfied because they just busy tryna keep up with the jones's... nevermind the fact that their phone is top of the line as soon as something new is out, they want to jump ship, cuz they think newer is automatically better, and "everyone else is doing it" on top of that people get "cool" phones w/o really knowing how to use them or what to expect so they tend to whine when it requires work on their part to bring out the full potential... or it just plain over their heads... and lastly you have the crowd who is just never satisfied w/ anything they have... instead of appreciating a blessings, and gifts they have they spend more time focusin in minor faults. SO theyre never happy... they probably complained on the last smartphone they heaD FOR SOME OTHER MINISCULE REASON... UPGRADED TO THE TP CUZ IT WAS NEWER AND THEY EXPECTED IT TO CORRECT THAT AND GIVE THEM PERFECTION... BUT PERFECTION ISNT REAL SO THEY WHINE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE THEY CAN FIND WRONG, TILL THEY CAN upgrade to the next product and continue whining in their never ceasing quest for better... for perfection, etx... but ultimatly i think that what it boils down to...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro