PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

John Lessnau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best way to uninstall a program

Does Touch Pro have an uninstall program or is the best way to uninstall is to just deleted the folder and directories?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Best way to uninstall a program

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lessnau View Post
Does Touch Pro have an uninstall program or is the best way to uninstall is to just deleted the folder and directories?
Third Party app or an app that was built in and installed during customization of the phone?

Third Party - Start, Settings, System Tab, Remove Programs.
Built In App - First, be careful and understand what you're deleting. Delete the program directory and shortcuts from start menu.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i like total commander for removing files from windows. http://www.ghisler.com/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Third Party app or an app that was built in and installed during customization of the phone?

Third Party - Start, Settings, System Tab, Remove Programs.
Built In App - First, be careful and understand what you're deleting. Delete the program directory and shortcuts from start menu.
+1 for being careful you can seriously foobar your phone and have to hard reset if you start deleting willy nilly.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:59 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
+1 for being careful you can seriously foobar your phone and have to hard reset if you start deleting willy nilly.
Yes...you really should REALLY know what you're deleting before doing so!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

John Lessnau is a n00b

Thanks, that did it. I searched around there but just didn't spot the remove programs icon.

I just needed to remove the Skyfire browser which I soon discovered does not work with the HTC Touch Pro.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:30 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Thanks, that did it. I searched around there but just didn't spot the remove programs icon.

I just needed to remove the Skyfire browser which I soon discovered does not work with the HTC Touch Pro.
No problem!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro sprint

methos123 is a n00b

Hello, I have downloaded yahoogo! and am trying to get rid of it. I first tried deleting all of the files in appmngr, program files, etc... Then I found your post Brian, about remove programs...which I didn't know wm had. I tried that and it said that it wasn't totally removed and would I like to remove it from installed programs list. I clicked yes, but it is still there. Any suggestions?

thanks
Old 11-09-2008, 11:39 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

sktools will remove ANYTHING like failed removals you get sometimes

Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

For your skyfire problem, Look here. Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...3009&page=8#78

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro