PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ApeXz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I change carriers by simply flashing roms?

I have a Sprint Touch Pro, but would like to flash it to metro pcs. I am a bit of a newbie to all of this. I was told I could flash my phone to metro using their metroflash service, but no store in my town is currently doing it. Would I be able to flash it over myself, simply by flashing to a metro pcs rom? Would my phone be able to go onto their service by doing this? Sorry if its a stupid question, just trying to figure out how I can get my phone on their service for free.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

don't flash just yet. touch the picture of your phone at the top of the screen, then read that forum. metro pcs is there, if you can't find it, post back.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ApeXz is a n00b
Re: Can I change carriers by simply flashing roms?

I already have knowledge of flashing roms, Ive flashed to energyrom before. Am I able to switch to metro automatically though by finding a metro rom? Sorry for my bad english.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83

More than likely you would still have to change a few settings on the phone to connect to their network. (Atleast if it's similar to when I put my Sprint Touch Pro on Verizon) Just flashing the stock carrier rom will not do it all. Then you'll have to figure out how to get it activated on their network. (That could be as simple as a quick call to customer service though)
Edit: After a quick look in the stock rom thread it doesn't look like there has been a dumped metro pcs rom for the touch pro.

Last edited by RdBrd83; 05-28-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can't just flash a rom and it will be on metro, the ESN has to be added either by paying someone or getting it flashed at a metro store, customer service will not add it over the phone for you.

sources(I'm a dealer for metro)

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

one you have given them your esn and they have activated it for use, you need the carrier prl for it to work. you also need your msl/pst code to gain access to your pst settings. a simple over the air program will not complete your device. you also need to make sure your pst settings that didn't program on on there ( i don't know them, search) also you need to go into start/settings/connections/connections and do some work there to ensure your device is fully set. there may/maynot be a dcd carrier cab for metro. search for dcd carrier cab in this site, it will take care of your connection settings for you if it exists.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

theyre lying to you... http://helpdesk.houdinisoft.com/manu...tc/raph800.htm
thats the page they should be going to.. obviously as you can see Metro AND HOudini both support the TP1
Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: sprint

jadefox is a n00b

Hey Boredandtattooed, good info. I came back on ppc geeks cause I knew I would've found the best info here. Thanks for posting this and Apex you asked the question I came on here to ask myself. I will post back and let you guys know if this worked and how long it took me.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Alltel on Verizon
Carrier: Verizon

rotaryboots is just getting started

So, I'm sort of doing the same thing, only I wanted a Raphael 800 Touch Pro for obvious reasons, and I have verizon. So basically I just have to get into epst on my XV680 (mogul/tytn etc) and copy all of those parameters into my touch pro's epst? like mdn, nam ect. Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryboots View Post
So, I'm sort of doing the same thing, only I wanted a Raphael 800 Touch Pro for obvious reasons, and I have verizon. So basically I just have to get into epst on my XV680 (mogul/tytn etc) and copy all of those parameters into my touch pro's epst? like mdn, nam ect. Thanks
I guess you weren't paying attention fully, close, but not all together, even if you have the MDN/MSID/NID/SID/PRL, all of that wouldn't matter until you have the esn in whatever company's inventory your trying to use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro