PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP is always freezing at boot-up/hard-resetting after a soft reset! HELP!

ok flashed a rom (goodsense 1) it worked fine for a while. then it froze so i soft reset it. then it would boot all the way through. just hangs... ive read switching back to stock then flashing a custom could fix it. is this true? any one had this problem?? thanks!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Re: TP is always freezing at boot-up/hard-resetting after a soft reset! HELP!

I have had similar problems when I copy over bad registry items from one ROM to another. I've also had it when I had application conflicts. Have you hard reset yet to see what happens without any programs? How do you go about restoring your data after a flash?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: TP is always freezing at boot-up/hard-resetting after a soft reset! HELP!

ok it just happened again; soft reset it and it did a hard reset. pissin me off loll. like im scared to even bother reload my sms. i reload my contacts cuz its quick. i use pimbackup. and to restore my programs im probably gonna reinstall my .cabs. i used sprite backup when i had stock rom. do i have left over crap in the registry and stuff? cuz i flashed 2 roms and its always doing this. im nervous to soft reset cuz its gonna hard reset or freeze at bootup. should i clear storage after flashing? theres an option to also format the "NAND MEMORY." would that help?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: TP is always freezing at boot-up/hard-resetting after a soft reset! HELP!

can anyone give me a guide on how to do the "flash dance" in simple terms? i think this would fix all my issues. a couple a questions though...

-does the phone still have to be unlocked? do i just go into bootloader mode and flash stock through sd card?
-so i have to use a shipped stock rom. should i dl this one towards the bottom? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
and is there anything else to dl for it to have the radios working?
-after that is there a task 29 thing i should do?

I really dont want to have the issue of a soft reset turning into a hard reset or freezing at boot. thanks!!

Last edited by vinnyt225; 05-28-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyt225 View Post
can anyone give me a guide on how to do the "flash dance" in simple terms? i think this would fix all my issues. a couple a questions though...

-does the phone still have to be unlocked? do i just go into bootloader mode and flash stock through sd card?
-so i have to use a shipped stock rom. should i dl this one towards the bottom? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741
and is there anything else to dl for it to have the radios working?
-after that is there a task 29 thing i should do?

I really dont want to have the issue of a soft reset turning into a hard reset or freezing at boot. thanks!!
Task29 supposedly removes the need to do the "flash dance". One caution, if you used Task29 it will be stuck on teh splash screen. So before you do run Task29, make sure you have the .nbh file of the ROM you want on the root of your mircoSD card, so when you power+vol down+reset your phone will automatically flash the ROM (nbh on the root of SD card).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

vinnyt225 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: TP is always freezing at boot-up/hard-resetting after a soft reset! HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam247 View Post
Task29 supposedly removes the need to do the "flash dance". One caution, if you used Task29 it will be stuck on teh splash screen. So before you do run Task29, make sure you have the .nbh file of the ROM you want on the root of your mircoSD card, so when you power+vol down+reset your phone will automatically flash the ROM (nbh on the root of SD card).

ok. yeah i have my .nbh(rom) on my sd card already. where should that task 29 be? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=soft+reset and which one should i use? i have a sprint touch pro right now. and what ur saying is that if i do this task29 method i wont have to reflash my stock rom right? thanks for help!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro Energy.HERMAN.24631.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.4
Carrier: alltel

frizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrizzlefry is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you have no need to reflash your radio then use the task29 with splash screen. flash it from your computer via usb

You should not have to reflash the stock rom if you task29.

Just task29 then flash the rom of your choice, either from the sdcard by going into bootloader or via usb by going into bootloader, don't worry about activesync. the bootloader will change from serial to usb and then you are connected.

As always your device has to be unlocked first.

There are potentially other things that can cause the random hard resets.

corrupt sd card has been discussed

restoring apps from one rom to another with sprite backup thus importing bad registry data or data not pertinant to your new rom

and something else i cannot remember

try the task29, flash rom, add your apps via cabs and restore contacts and sms if you like with pim backup. unfortunately you can only wait and see if the problems are solved, but my experience is that they will be.

Last edited by frizzlefry; 05-28-2010 at 06:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro