PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 10:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

loc37 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

I have a HTC Touch Pro and I have had it for a while now like about 2 months and just recently the keyboard started acting faulty. The first signs of this were when i would text it would text a repeat of the letter i text, (for example: Hey wwwwats up), it would do this to all the words and i would restart it and soft reset it and just as of now i Hard reset it and nothing. Then what happened was the keyboard and the buttons in the front of the phone went out none of it worked, only the touch screen. I switched ROMS and it is the same problem, i just wanted to know if there is any suggestions out there or if any repair is posible. I dont have warrenty on the phone and I have it flashed for Cricket.

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

Sounds like that's a hardware problem. Did you try to flash back to the original shipped rom? Also, I thought all touch pro's had a one year manufacturer's warranty.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mine went out yesterday.

Today I took it to a Sprint store and they ordered me a replacement phone. I hope it is here by Friday!

They took it apart and could not fix it.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SERO

vletnguyen is a n00b

I am having the same issue.
when you took it to the store, did you have $7 insurance plan? i did not opt for it... yet
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crash383 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to crash383

Same issue here. It started to act weird a couple of days ago. Is it a coincedence that all these keyboards are starting to crash?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

loc37 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Sounds like that's a hardware problem. Did you try to flash back to the original shipped rom? Also, I thought all touch pro's had a one year manufacturer's warranty.

I didn't buy it from the sprint store. But he can I take advantage of this 1 year warrenty
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6800 & 700wx
Carrier: sprint

mista _young is a n00b

I had the same thing to happen to me ,and into the sprint store and a order was place on friday . I pick up the new one ,works great i had to set up estp
Old 03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by loc37 View Post
I didn't buy it from the sprint store. But he can I take advantage of this 1 year warrenty
Good question. You can probably only use the warranty through an authorized reseller. I don't know anything about cricket. I don't know where you bought it or what version touch pro you have. Is it sprint, alltel, verizon, telus?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Exact same prob here. Brought it to an authorized sprint repair center, they ordered me a new one. Kinda lucked out i guess... the newer sprint touch pros have a better build quality. Better slider, brighter hard keyboard, and flush buttons on the front of the phone... And I don't have that nasty ding on the corner of my chrome from when i dropped it
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
Exact same prob here. Brought it to an authorized sprint repair center, they ordered me a new one. Kinda lucked out i guess... the newer sprint touch pros have a better build quality. Better slider, brighter hard keyboard, and flush buttons on the front of the phone... And I don't have that nasty ding on the corner of my chrome from when i dropped it
He's not with sprint though, so I don't think he'll be able to bring it to a repair center.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro