PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   GPS Fix (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121560)

metaGlass 05-18-2010 07:21 AM

GPS Fix

Hey guys,

Any suggestions on what to look into for fixing the GPS functionality on my VZW Touch Pro? I'm running the latest NFSFAN ROM. It shows no satellites in GPS Viewer, even after 20 minutes of standing outside with a clear view. I've tried turning aGPS on and off, flashed different radios, as well as tweaking the registry for QuickGPS (changed the servers from where QuickGPS fetches the latest data, and yes I know QuickGPS is irrelevant if aGPS is turned on :)).

I've been Googling on this for the past couple of days and tried variations of everything I've read about. Any recent/relevant suggestions would be great :) Thank you!

ebarron 05-18-2010 10:07 AM

Re: GPS Fix

I had one problem recently where the GPS must have gotten into a hosed state. It was such that a reset didn't fix it. The reset that occurred after I pulled the battery got it to work.

The other time was after I had called 911 about a drunk driver on the road. Go to settings -> phone -> Services tab -> choose Location setting, and click the "get settings..." button. There the selection should be set for "LOCATION ON" and not 911 only.

Hope either of these help...
Erik

LuckyLui 05-18-2010 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by metaGlass (Post 1759282)
Hey guys,

Any suggestions on what to look into for fixing the GPS functionality on my VZW Touch Pro? I'm running the latest NFSFAN ROM. It shows no satellites in GPS Viewer, even after 20 minutes of standing outside with a clear view. I've tried turning aGPS on and off, flashed different radios, as well as tweaking the registry for QuickGPS (changed the servers from where QuickGPS fetches the latest data, and yes I know QuickGPS is irrelevant if aGPS is turned on :)).

I've been Googling on this for the past couple of days and tried variations of everything I've read about. Any recent/relevant suggestions would be great :) Thank you!

Here you go pu this bad boi on your phone and ull b up and running in no time...

Attachment 70037 :D

Let me know if it works by hitting thanx budd!

metaGlass 05-18-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebarron (Post 1759485)
I had one problem recently where the GPS must have gotten into a hosed state. It was such that a reset didn't fix it. The reset that occurred after I pulled the battery got it to work.

The other time was after I had called 911 about a drunk driver on the road. Go to settings -> phone -> Services tab -> choose Location setting, and click the "get settings..." button. There the selection should be set for "LOCATION ON" and not 911 only.

Hope either of these help...
Erik

I've hard reset the phone many times to no avail :( The Location setting was one of the first things I checked. It has been enabled...no dice =/ Thanks anyway though! :)

metaGlass 05-18-2010 07:13 PM

Cool dude, thanks. I'll try this in short bit. Is that just QuickGPS though? If so, I've already got it installed. I can try installing your version and see if it makes a difference though.

Someone mentioned a VZW GPS fix, what's the skinny on that? (I'm about the Google for it in a second)

Mylt1 05-19-2010 10:54 AM

is your location turned to "ON" instead of "911 ONLY"? if so, then the GPS fix is on this site, no need to google it. you can just use the search here.

titaniumgiant 05-20-2010 04:06 AM

i think its something with the latest nfsfans rom. i too have tried everythign under the sun that i can think of and it does not work. his previous versions, they all work but not the latest one