PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Alltel

Greensystemsgo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sprint to VZ? esn?

hey folks, been a while sense i've done anythign with a ppc, actually its sense i registered and had my ol apache.

Anyhoo, a htc touch pro has popped up on ebay, however im on verizon. can i simply cook a stock alltel rom to change it to alltel? what about the esn? my current phone is a piece of crap 2 for $20 phone so i could use it's esn if its possible.

thx in advance
Old 05-16-2010, 07:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sprint to VZ? esn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
hey folks, been a while sense i've done anythign with a ppc, actually its sense i registered and had my ol apache.

Anyhoo, a htc touch pro has popped up on ebay, however im on verizon. can i simply cook a stock alltel rom to change it to alltel? what about the esn? my current phone is a piece of crap 2 for $20 phone so i could use it's esn if its possible.

thx in advance
nope, rom flashing is just rom flashing, won't help, you need your ESN added, which if I'm not mistaken, verizon is no longer allowing ESN's to be added to their system, I can be mistaken of course, but I am pretty sure that's the case.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Greensystemsgo is a n00b

well like i stated in op, i have a current verizon(alltel) phone that works, it is a POS phone. So im willing to trade the esn's - is this easy enough to do? i mean can someone point me in the right direction? simply flash using a vz rom, then change esn and good to go? i mean what all do i have to do? i already bought the phone, should be here sometime this week.

also, is cooking roms still what is done or what? I've been outta the loop for a while hence why i avoided the droid, however ill be gettin the new droid come this fall when my contract needs renewal.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
well like i stated in op, i have a current verizon(alltel) phone that works, it is a POS phone. So im willing to trade the esn's - is this easy enough to do? i mean can someone point me in the right direction? simply flash using a vz rom, then change esn and good to go? i mean what all do i have to do? i already bought the phone, should be here sometime this week.

also, is cooking roms still what is done or what? I've been outta the loop for a while hence why i avoided the droid, however ill be gettin the new droid come this fall when my contract needs renewal.
what your talking abuot doing is illegal so I wouldn't go to much further on here, maybe mobile files website can help you
Old 05-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Greensystemsgo is a n00b

o. well. however you are saying it is possiable? or should i cancel order, or just resell locally on the craigs?

why is it illegal if both esn's are mine?

or are the stupid carriers EULA merely allowing you permission to borrow the esn, however they still own it?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

We do not allow discussions related to ESN cloning or "swapping". Please take a moment to read the site rules.

As stated previously, I don't think Verizon just allows you to add ESN's to their database.

No more talk of ESN cloning or I am going to close this.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yu can try and call VZN and have the ESN added to there DMD. quote there user agreement about allowing any CDMA phone on there network and it might get it done. i did it with an altell phone in 08 but i have heard it go both ways with others trying. have the customer service agreement in front of you so you can quote it word for word. just tell them you want that ESN added to there DMD and that you understand that VZN can not gurantee that all the features will work. you will have to get the $29.99 data plan added to your account. if you get a tech that is in a good mood you might get it done.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

eXcali is keeping up the good workeXcali is keeping up the good work

VZW has locked up all non-native ESN migration. They wouldn't even let me bring an alltel phone to my VZW account. I spent days on the phone trying to get something done to no avail, they simply will not add the ESN.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro