PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Pro password screen lockout help! PLZ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120570)

klassy1 05-08-2010 08:50 PM

HTC Pro password screen lockout help! PLZ

Hi, I am new here, I've been trying to look for answers on other threads but nothing seems to work. I have an HTC pro for longtime and i put a password temporarily so noone can see my pics.. biggest mistake. Im trying to type n mymy password and its not accepting, i alwys have same password for everything.. im not good with this phone stuff but i tried following all these hard reset stuff people keep writing but NOTHING works when u turn the fone back on.. it goes striaght to password screen and u can not do anything at all... only receive fone calls and emergency call out.. HELP nothing works :???:..... and yes this is MY OWN fone so noone comments and thinks wrong....its an HTC pro but the carrier it was fixed for is for boostmobile. Please HELPPP! :cry:

RidleyJ329 05-08-2010 09:28 PM

Re: HTC Pro password screen lockout help! PLZ

im no expert in password cracking but sounds like your best bet would be to do a hard reset either that or flash a new rom. unless youve set it up otherwise i think any pics you have are automatically saved to a memory card.

klassy1 05-09-2010 12:52 AM

Thanks for replying, I did try the hard reset , I believe that is like pressing and holding the combo keys (like power button with the talk and end buttons or even the down volume key and etc.) at same time plus even taking battery out and stuff. (Unless that is not what hard reset is... lol) as far as flashing or following that one link to the .37 something like that, that was mentioned on a differnt thread about connecting the USB from your phone to PC and downloading that .37, I guess because of the password thing.. it cant even read the data or connect to your phone since a message pops up saying Error everytime. So im not sure what i am doing wrong.... there's gotta be someone out there who has same problem like mine...

RidleyJ329 05-09-2010 01:16 AM

to properly do a hard reset you have to hold down the volume down+power+the center(action) button+hold on the soft reset button all at the same time. if done right you should receive a message stating that your device well be reset to factory settings. also, if you like you can flash directly from your memory card. if you like i can offer more details on that later. im not too sure what a .37 is but you can certainly take your pick from any of the custom roms listed on this site. i think one of these two may be your only option but anyone else can feel free to correct me.

klassy1 05-09-2010 01:51 PM

Thanks for your help. But I have been trying all that last 5 days, they don't work, I end up getting the password screen agaiiin everytime. It goes to the point of the tricolor screen that says security unlock and I try to follow the steps to do the flash as recommended on here, when it gets to the point to dowlonad the UtlitliyROm you get an error message about UBS connection problem even though it is connected accurately and i followed everything step bystep.

Gosh, there is no solution! its just a silly password issue.... :-(

jtuite 05-09-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klassy1 (Post 1742368)
Thanks for your help. But I have been trying all that last 5 days, they don't work, I end up getting the password screen agaiiin everytime. It goes to the point of the tricolor screen that says security unlock and I try to follow the steps to do the flash as recommended on here, when it gets to the point to dowlonad the UtlitliyROm you get an error message about UBS connection problem even though it is connected accurately and i followed everything step bystep.

Gosh, there is no solution! its just a silly password issue.... :-(

get a 2Gb (higher size may or may not work) micro sd card format it to fat32, rename the .nbh file to raphimg, (it will look like raphimg.nbh) and put it on your micro sd card and put it in your phone, then press volume down+power+soft reset until the tri-colored screen shows up and it will automatically go to another screen then press the power button and it will start reflashing.

pimpsuprazx 05-09-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klassy1 (Post 1741671)
Hi, I am new here, I've been trying to look for answers on other threads but nothing seems to work. I have an HTC pro for longtime and i put a password temporarily so noone can see my pics.. biggest mistake. Im trying to type n mymy password and its not accepting, i alwys have same password for everything.. im not good with this phone stuff but i tried following all these hard reset stuff people keep writing but NOTHING works when u turn the fone back on.. it goes striaght to password screen and u can not do anything at all... only receive fone calls and emergency call out.. HELP nothing works :???:..... and yes this is MY OWN fone so noone comments and thinks wrong....its an HTC pro but the carrier it was fixed for is for boostmobile. Please HELPPP! :cry:

are you using a sprint or verizon touch pro?

klassy1 05-10-2010 03:34 AM

It's a Sprint HTC touch pro

pimpsuprazx 05-10-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klassy1 (Post 1743123)
It's a Sprint HTC touch pro

so to hard reset you

turn off phone
put stylus in soft reset hole
hold volume down, and the center(circle button) and power on.

klassy1 05-10-2010 02:04 PM

Its not about the hard reset it looks like, I've been trying that for the last 5 days as I mentioned but it doesn't help with the issue of the password. I beleive it is has to do with the Windows Mobile part.. Microsoft windows has added this security feature so the password screen keeps coming up even though you do the reset it seems like. So possibly have to download the whole windows thing again..not sure.