PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Pro password screen lockout help! PLZ

try the last 4 of your cell number. when you try the hard reset what happens?
Old 05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: boost
Threadstarter

klassy1 is a n00b

I think im about to give up here lol ...
ok, see you can't turn off the phone unless you take the battery off. so once u try this hard reset the phone turns on and starts back as showing HTC logo then the next screen then instantly the windows mobile password screen comes up asking for your password to unlock. all other buttons do not work and are disabled including the keyboard.

at this point, i dont care if i have to lose all my pics, contacts just as long as my phone works back so i can see the calls and text msgs.

thanks!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassy1 View Post
I think im about to give up here lol ...
ok, see you can't turn off the phone unless you take the battery off. so once u try this hard reset the phone turns on and starts back as showing HTC logo then the next screen then instantly the windows mobile password screen comes up asking for your password to unlock. all other buttons do not work and are disabled including the keyboard.

at this point, i dont care if i have to lose all my pics, contacts just as long as my phone works back so i can see the calls and text msgs.

thanks!
1. Hold down Power Button (on Top), Volume down Button, and the Center keypad button (black circle on front).
2. While holding all three buttons, place your stylus in the soft reset hole and keep it pressed down in there, until the hard reset screen comes on.

from thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55157

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you hard reset you WILL lose all your info, pics, contacts, notes and so on. when you do the hard reset is it taking you to a gray screen where you have to press a key to reboot?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klassy1 is a n00b

its takes me back to the screen that asks for a passowrd you put on .. seems like the windows mobile screen has that placed.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
VIP Member

unless its taking you to a gray screen that ask you to open the keyboard and press a letter(cant remember which letter it is) then your not hard resetting.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klassy1 is a n00b

Ok, just wanted to thank everyone for trying to help me out!!

I ended up going to the Sprint store and they acatully were able to reset the phone for me. YEAHH!!!!

Again, Thanks everyone!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Boost/Sprint

TiffanyLaw9 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TiffanyLaw9

Quote:
Its not about the hard reset it looks like, I've been trying that for the last 5 days as I mentioned but it doesn't help with the issue of the password. I beleive it is has to do with the Windows Mobile part.. Microsoft windows has added this security feature so the password screen keeps coming up even though you do the reset it seems like. So possibly have to download the whole windows thing again..not sure.
Press and hold the END + SEND then the power button and hold down.......Phone must be powered off for this to work ....Then follow the onscreen instruction.....This will restore it to the factory settings ...so you will lose everything SORRY.....
Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Sprint), Moto Q (PagePlus) Rant (Virgin
Carrier: Sprint

(ô¿ò) is a n00b

Quote:
Ok, just wanted to thank everyone for trying to help me out!!

I ended up going to the Sprint store and they acatully were able to reset the phone for me. YEAHH!!!!

Again, Thanks everyone!
I wonder if they did what everyone here was saying to do.. LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro