PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Sprint - How to Remove SIGNAL Icon from system tray. Help Please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120221)

C.ALEXIA ALICE 05-05-2010 04:09 AM

TP Sprint - How to Remove SIGNAL Icon from system tray. Help Please

I have Touch Pro Sprint. I have try a lot of registry edit and install some customization ... also from some tutorial I can't find the exact registry value ( Many tutorial said to be , Launch92 , WirelessMgr ... ).

Anyone please tell me about the the registry value to be edited, or anyway to romove the icon Signal from the system tray. I have searched for this for 2 days and all I've done is failed

-Thank you-

vjaneczko 05-05-2010 09:58 AM

Re: TP Sprint - How to Remove SIGNAL Icon from system tray. Help Please

You'll have to use a utility such as "Total Commander" to find and modify the registry. Once you start it up, look under a folder called \\Plugins for the registry.

C.ALEXIA ALICE 05-05-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vjaneczko (Post 1735903)
You'll have to use a utility such as "Total Commander" to find and modify the registry. Once you start it up, look under a folder called \\Plugins for the registry.

Thank you so much ^^ for suggestion . But sorry, may be I described or explained my problem to short.

Indeed, I mean that I really can't find the right registry value to edit, not about the software using to edit the registry.

eric12341 05-06-2010 10:11 AM

why would u want to remove something helpful like that?

mattlenderman 05-06-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.ALEXIA ALICE (Post 1735713)
I have Touch Pro Sprint. I have try a lot of registry edit and install some customization ... also from some tutorial I can't find the exact registry value ( Many tutorial said to be , Launch92 , WirelessMgr ... ).

Anyone please tell me about the the registry value to be edited, or anyway to remove the icon Signal from the system tray. I have searched for this for 2 days and all I've done is failed

-Thank you-

i downloaded DiamondTweak on my tp1 and if gives me the option to show/hide the battery icon and the date/time, but not signal..might not beable to. I will say after looking through regedit, i found a couple "possible" ones but i'm not 100%. Try this. go to tools>find, and type in "signal" and do a search. on the 2nd search result it seems to put in the HKCU\controlpanel\phoneextendedfunction\ and you may have some luck in there. Also hitting the "find next" button you can look through even more.

On about search 4-5, i put me into HKLM\software\htc\sharedresource\listview and inside there, there's one that says "list_signal_right_margin....so, that MIGHt be it also. Again, i'm not sure so i'd reccomend backing up your registery before making ANY changes. But I'm also with Eric..why would you want to remove something useful like that?

C.ALEXIA ALICE 05-06-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1737743)
why would u want to remove something helpful like that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1737813)
But I'm also with Eric..why would you want to remove something useful like that?

Thank you to you both. I have this Sprint out of USA or CDMA area. I live in Thailand. which ESN is impossible to be use ( here need to be the GSM ). So I would like to remove it from the tray.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlenderman (Post 1737813)
HKCU\controlpanel\phoneextendedfunction\
HKLM\software\htc\sharedresource\listview

Thank you for information. But I'm sorry to say the icon is still there on its tray. The first reg. is unusable and the second reg. ,which I think that will be the right one, can't find it on my phone.