PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Digitizer? Screen? What's wrong here?

Out the other day, answered a phone call and I guess I got some water/moistuer behind the screen. All of a sudden, the touch part wouldn't work. Screen still lit up, still showed everything, yet it's now unresponsive to touch. tried to take it apart, can't see anything, looks to be no significant water damage. I've been searching literally all day for some info, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

I'm looking to buy a new lcd/digitizer, but if there was water damage to the screen, would that mess something else up? I'm thinking I read somewhere that ppl have done this and it damamge a circuit or resistor some where other than the lcd/digitizer, somewhere on the connecting circuit board. Is this likely for my instance?

Again, it's not like I dropped it in water, my face was just wet, and I anwnsered it. Any help would be greatly appericiated, as I also found out, someone (VZW doesn't know who) took off my insurance a year ago. They have been less than helpful, and in some instances down right rude. Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BikerSk8rKid is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to BikerSk8rKid Send a message via Yahoo to BikerSk8rKid
Re: Digitizer? Screen? What's wrong here?

I say completely dry it out and/or soak it in rice, well not soak, but put it in rice.
Battery out and of course turned off. Whether it's wet or not, it might help. :/
Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSk8rKid View Post
I say completely dry it out and/or soak it in rice, well not soak, but put it in rice.
Battery out and of course turned off. Whether it's wet or not, it might help. :/
ya, I've heard of the Rice trick. It's been drying since sunday, theres no moistuer in the phone at all. As soon as I get home tonight, I'm gonna try the rice idea, but I seriously doubt it's still wet.

has anyone done this replacement/install I'm looking at? has it worked? not worked?

I see a lot of concerns about an "oil slick", that apparently puts constant pressure on the digitizer/screen, so there for it won't allow the use of touch (makes sense since the TP isn't multi-touch); but since I have got in between the digitizer and lcd, and wiped it all dry, now I don't know what to do...

thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

What you are experiencing is a delamination of the digitizer from the screen. It is a known hardware issue with the TouchPro.
If it is still in warranty get it exchanged. If not and you have insurance, file a claim. Other wise you may have to get it changed yourself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro