PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, old HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ukyfan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
active sync issues

I noticed that active sync is always runbingeven when it is not connected to a computer. Could this be why my battery sees to go down really quick?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: active sync issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyfan View Post
I noticed that active sync is always runbingeven when it is not connected to a computer. Could this be why my battery sees to go down really quick?
Probably not, but it also probably doesn't help. Do you have an exchange server or Google sync something like that setup with Activesync? If so, then it needs to be running so it can get stuff pushed to it.

IF you only use Activesync with your PC, then it's probably just how Windows Mobile does things. I noticed Activesync kicks off on its own all the time, I just got sick of killing it. I use Google sync which employs a form of exchange, so I just ignore it.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, old HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ukyfan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Probably not, but it also probably doesn't help. Do you have an exchange server or Google sync something like that setup with Activesync? If so, then it needs to be running so it can get stuff pushed to it.

IF you only use Activesync with your PC, then it's probably just how Windows Mobile does things. I noticed Activesync kicks off on its own all the time, I just got sick of killing it. I use Google sync which employs a form of exchange, so I just ignore it.
I do not have either. I just started noticing my battery started going down really quick lately (once I got my replacement phone). In the past if I had about 25% of my battery when I go to bed I would still have a decent charge in the morning. But just the other day I have about 50% and I forgot to hook it up, but when i picked it up the next morning it had no charge to it. Anyway I have a new replacement on its way that I should have tonight. Hopefully it will be a little more friendly on the battery.

And thanks for the reply.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The Chinese QuickMenu add on program has an option to "Close ActiveSync when disconnect PC".
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Refurb phones are notoriously bad for batteries & they can be a crap shoot... keep that in mind.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro