PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Alltel to Sprint Conversion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119766)

AmeiseMike 04-30-2010 07:40 PM

Alltel to Sprint Conversion

All right, assuming that I can get Sprint to accept a foreign ESN, what steps must I take with a Touch Pro from Alltel to make it work properly on the Sprint network...

Alternatively, is there a way I get get it to activate with Sprint without dealing with Customer Care?

Thanks!

hamagc 04-30-2010 07:45 PM

Re: Alltel to Sprint Conversion

won't happen. if the esn is not in their system, they will not allow you to activate it.

if you could, you SHOULD be able to flash a stock sprint rom, then program the phone via ##data# or whatever the phone code is.

you can do it without customer care using their online activation but seeing as it won't recognize the esn, you can def. count that one out.

AmeiseMike 04-30-2010 07:54 PM

I've seen it done before, though.. I work as a Sprint reseller, and have customers with third-party phones activated under Sprint.

hamagc 04-30-2010 08:23 PM

interesting i have read that sprint will not allow it.

have you seen this with the same phone model/typesb (ie. verizon touch pro on sprint) or with different phones altogether (ie. verizon phone that sprint does not support on sprint network)?

Mylt1 04-30-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmeiseMike (Post 1728512)
I've seen it done before, though.. I work as a Sprint reseller, and have customers with third-party phones activated under Sprint.

then they did it illegally. sprint has stood by there closed network and all the time i have been messing with cell phones i know NO ONE that has done it legally.

SilverSpoonCells 05-01-2010 04:47 PM

Yes I have done it numerous times for HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Mogul and Touch on Sprint.
It must be a CDMA Device the carrier doesn't matter.

whitey10tc 05-01-2010 10:11 PM

It can be done but it won't be easy. You may need to argue and take some time. But if you get the right person at Sprint they can do it.

hamagc 05-01-2010 10:19 PM

and we're talking from different carriers right? not just from an mvno?

Mylt1 05-02-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverspooncells (Post 1729772)
Yes I have done it numerous times for HTC Diamond, Touch Pro, Mogul and Touch on Sprint.
It must be a CDMA Device the carrier doesn't matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1730185)
It can be done but it won't be easy. You may need to argue and take some time. But if you get the right person at Sprint they can do it.

thats news to me. you would be the only two that i know of from several phone sites that have had a phone moved legally to the sprint network.

jdmm72 05-02-2010 04:50 PM

Legally is the wrong word. There would be NOTHING ILLEGAL about moving a CDMA phone to another service provider. There would be now LAW broken. It would only be Sprint policy broken, since their stance is not to do it.

In fact, why can't it be done? What is the downside? You can do it with GSM, why not CDMA, only because the companies want you to buy a new phone, lock in a new contract, and be there customer exclusively.