PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

hellbringer616 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS EXTREMELY slow/doesn't work

I have an Alltel Touch Pro and i've flashed it 4 times so far (twice to stock to fix issues such as a random master reset... and then two other custom ROMS) and my QuickGPS will not update gets to 100% and spits out an error.

Google maps will take 20 to 40 minutes to find anything (if i'm lucky)

I have the latest radio from Alltel. I've RMA'd my touch pros for varies reasons (i'm on phone number 5 in 2 months...) all have had similar issues... Are ALL touch pros just crap..?

P.S Currently just flashed to the latest Energy ROM and i am getting the same issues

Last edited by hellbringer616; 04-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: GPS EXTREMELY slow/doesn't work

does other data work? Go back to stock. If the problem persists then time for a new phone but I bet the stock rom has no issues.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon
Threadstarter

hellbringer616 is a n00b

You're sadly mistaken, I've had this issue with every touch pro i've owned except the first, stock rom or not (i ususally end up flashing because of bugs such as random master reset)

I am getting a new phone now, the crappy touch pro that Verizon has, But my phones keyboard cut out and screen doesn't always work (stock ROM i might add)

Better crappy phone then no phone right?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lmvcorp is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to lmvcorp

I also had issues with my GPS on my S.T.P. I've tried doing a lot of things to get it to work. But it didn't work I took it to the Sprint Store Repair Center and they didn't fix it either. they just told me to get it replaced and I did.

I dropped my phone a couple of times I think thats what did it.

good luck
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Optus

ark123 is a n00b

I actually was just about to ask simillar question about GPS fix being so slow. Even though it get fix in about 10 minutes, I still consider it being slow. I understand there are some other functions available like A-GPS quickFix etc, I just don't understand why TP doesn't have simillar functionalities like for example PDA with GPS has. I am thinking about remembering the last coordinate. If I reached my destination and turned off the GPS or GPS signal was lost (in a building) to get the fix back I need to wait again for 10 minutes. Are there any patches/drivers developed to have the last coordinate saved. Or even better to have manual entry of the known position.
Am I dreaming here?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anybody figured out their current IP's and double checked things like SUPL AGPS in the registry and the same in the GPSone tab in QPST.

To get your current IP you might need to tether your phone with a PC and ping it. But what you all describe sound like an IP issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro