PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint HTC Touch Pro flashed to cricket EPST Probs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119297)

renzo7284@yahoo.com 04-26-2010 06:12 PM

Sprint HTC Touch Pro flashed to cricket EPST Probs

Hi I have a new Sprint Htc touch pro that I'm trying to flash over. For the most part I've done everything right. Seeing as tho when I call a number the cricket man comes on. However, I cant get my EPST settings to stay after i configure them. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do? PLZ HELP!! I can't receive calls, make calls, nor can I text or use the net.

swinn 04-26-2010 06:44 PM

Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro flashed to cricket EPST Probs

Are you running a custom ROM?

CozBoogie 04-27-2010 10:45 AM

Moved to the general TP Forum.

late,
Coz

renzo7284@yahoo.com 04-28-2010 01:53 AM

yea i'm using one of the cricket roms. i now have the phone working. Turns out cricket entered the wrong esn number into the system. My only problem now is one of my epst settings won't stay changed which is affecting me getting online. Everytime I want to get online I have to go to my epst settings and change my "hyper preffered something" from "Sprint" to "Automatic" its under the modem settings though. (can't type the correct name of it because i'm on a phone call while I type this)

swinn 04-28-2010 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by renzo7284@yahoo.com (Post 1723672)
yea i'm using one of the cricket roms. i now have the phone working. Turns out cricket entered the wrong esn number into the system. My only problem now is one of my epst settings won't stay changed which is affecting me getting online. Everytime I want to get online I have to go to my epst settings and change my "hyper preffered something" from "Sprint" to "Automatic" its under the modem settings though. (can't type the correct name of it because i'm on a phone call while I type this)

I've seen a lot of ROMs currently packaging a version of EPST that I never could get to work right on the TP (doesn't save and doesn't reboot afterwards). I'm attaching the version my ROM is using. Just put it in your Windows folder and try to make your changes.

psiphi 04-28-2010 05:25 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that setting could also be set from Settings, Personal, Phone, Services, Network Service inside of WM6.5

123sit 06-17-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinn (Post 1723977)
I've seen a lot of ROMs currently packaging a version of EPST that I never could get to work right on the TP (doesn't save and doesn't reboot afterwards). I'm attaching the version my ROM is using. Just put it in your Windows folder and try to make your changes.

Thanks for the post of your copy of EPST, worked like a charm.

Glenn-B 02-25-2011 03:50 PM

My apologies if this was somehow answered above...but I have the touch pro and had everything besides the internet working, I am running mightyrom(windows 6.5) , and I read another post here about mms/internet, and went into my epst setting and changed the phone number to my own, after i did this, and ran the cab files, net works fine...but texting/calling does not. I called cricket and had them reset my account...nada. Again, I apologize, I am a n00b at this phone tech. any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Glenn

Glenn-B 02-25-2011 04:01 PM

My apologies if this was somehow answered above...but I have the touch pro and had everything besides the internet working, I am running mightyrom(windows 6.5) , and I read another post here about mms/internet, and went into my epst setting and changed the phone number to my own, after i did this, and ran the cab files, net works fine...but texting/calling does not. I called cricket and had them reset my account...nada. Again, I apologize, I am a n00b at this phone tech. any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Glenn

thesteve42 03-05-2011 02:59 AM

if your talk and text isnt working the problem is cricket isnt recognizing your ESN/MEID.
either you didnt have them switch your account to the new phone or they entered the ESN/MEID wrong.
for internet it doesnt matter with cricket