PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Flash to Cricket (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118699)

blindsighted 04-21-2010 02:20 AM

Flash to Cricket

I recently purchased a used Touch Pro (locked to Verizon). I got this phone as I use a screen reader program called Mobile Speak. I am blind and it reads all the functions to me. I want to flash it to Cricket. I want all the functions to work and the Cricket store says it cannot be done. There is a guy that says he can make all the features/functions work on Cricket for a charge of $65. Is it worth it or can I do it myself? Opinions and comments welcome. Thanks8)

915_tuscani 04-21-2010 09:07 PM

Re: Flash to Cricket

it's better if you do it on your owe save your money in your pocket and dont ive it to some guy that may end up screwing you over, sorry for the french lol

whitey10tc 04-21-2010 10:26 PM

$65 is a good rate for a full flash. I charge anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on what the end user wants like APPS, GPS, Cstom bootlogo's. But it is a simple thing todo. I did notice that you mentioned that you are seeing impared so I'm not sure how that would work for you to. But if you do decide to tackle it hit me up and I can help you using team viewer. Always willing to help people. and remotely in some cases is the easiest.

blindsighted 04-22-2010 01:17 AM

Is the required software available for less than $65? I would love to learn how to do t myself if it is not cost prohibitive. Seems to be a good way to make money if the investment cost is low enough. I will take you up on the offer to walk me through it. Best Regards, Brian

whitey10tc 04-23-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindsighted (Post 1712606)
Is the required software available for less than $65? I would love to learn how to do t myself if it is not cost prohibitive. Seems to be a good way to make money if the investment cost is low enough. I will take you up on the offer to walk me through it. Best Regards, Brian

Brian here is tutorial for the TP to cricket flash. The software is all linked there. Also if any of the links don't work let me know through a PM. I don't check this site all but a couple times a week now. But I'm always willing and able to help you out.

jpwhre 04-23-2010 10:58 PM

blindsight, if you have someone to help you out at home, use bafmsl grabber to get your msl code. use qpst (a program) to change your msl to 000000 (cricket specific for wap and mms to work, thread can be found in howardforums), go to www.corolada.com/prl to find 1X PRL NECCESSORY FOR AN EZ FLASH and find ryan mogules thread for pst settings for cricket in the cricket/pda section of howardforums.com

not all of the adjustments are needed in ryans thread. after you get a 1x prl to work doing *228 (you may get some failed attempt before it works) doing the user info and doing the simple ip change, the rest is cakework.

search for threads by me, whitey, and some other threads from a cricket search before you do the flash. whitey has done most recent work for cricket so do take his threads in mind for cricket.

don't pay for a flash that you can do yourself for free. after almost 1000 flashings for cricket, i could honestly say you would be happier flashing to your likings before flashing to someone elses and paying for it.

P.S. sorry you got a verizon touch pro. you would have been better off with a sprint. eazier to flash, more memory.