PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nolo25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
connect tethered phone to ps3

hello i know this is an on going question, but i need to know this. I have my laptop connected from my touch pro, but my question is how do i connect from phone and laptop to ps3. has anyone found out how to do this yet. there are alot of smart people in here. i will be forever thankful. i can even send a donation but i need to know how can this be possible. please any help would be appreciated.

ps. i did alot of research and found nothing.

thanx in advance
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started
Re: connect tethered phone to ps3

The main reason I can think of that this would not be possible is that the PS3 has a proprietary OS. ActiveSync requires a Windows operating system in order to work with the phone.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:03 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

This is your basic networking situation

You have an internet source, your phone, with a USB Cable. This Internet source needs to enter a PC or device with two ethernet ports, and runs with drivers that support tethering (Usually windows)

Once its tethered successfully, you have free flowing internet. From there, you connect it to your PS3 and play.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is possible with wmwifirouter and a laptop.
I couldn't do it with my phone "teathered" via usb cable and internet sharing. When I tried to use the usb cable method, the network properties on my lan connection 3 (my wm phone using internet sharing) said that it was already a shared connection.

The way that I accomplished it was:
1. I used wmwifirouter to connect my laptop via a wireless ad-hoc connection.
2. went to network connections on my windows xp laptop.
3. right clicked on wirless connection.
4. selected properties.
5. went to the advanced tab on the wireless properties window.
6. selected the check box for "share this connection"
7. selected "lan" from the drop down menu that select a conection to share with.
8. connected my laptop to my ps3 via lan cable.
9. went to network properties on the ps3
10. tested the internet connection.

I am at work right now and am posting this all from memory but it's the general idea. If you need me to I can post a more accurate list when I get home.

p.s. I can't wait for Sony to release an update so that PS3's will allow non-infrastructure (ie ad-hoc networks) wireless connections to work. Don't know if they are working on it already or not.....but they should be.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)

Last edited by wesscoggin; 05-01-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

thanx everyone for ur help wesscoggin u did it or didnt, because in the begin it says u couldnt, but it sounds like u did. it would be great if u did a better accurate list but this one is good too.

in stepp 1. how do u get a wireless ad-hoc connection. remeber im using internet from my phone to laptop. also i have windows vista. thanks again everyone
Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo25 View Post
thanx everyone for ur help wesscoggin u did it or didnt, because in the begin it says u couldnt, but it sounds like u did. it would be great if u did a better accurate list but this one is good too.

in stepp 1. how do u get a wireless ad-hoc connection. remeber im using internet from my phone to laptop. also i have windows vista. thanks again everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I couldn't do it with my phone "teathered" via usb cable and internet sharing.
I am able to connect using the method described. I use wmwifirouter to create an adhoc wireless network for my laptop to connect to. The current version(what I am using) isn't freeware, but I use it all the time. I have found it to be a good investment. Based on a quick search of your posts, you've been having this problem since august of last year. You might find wmwifirouter a $30.00 well spent too. The method on Vista may be slightly different, like I said before, I have xp so no help from me there on the differences.

Last edited by wesscoggin; 05-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

yup i been having trouble for quite a while, i have wmwifirouter also. cab file is jorrit jongma wmwifirouter to be excact for free. u think that might be the problem.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Not sure, I have the latest updated version, 1.3 I think. I bought the app directly from them about 6 months ago. You only have to buy it once and they give you the updates for free.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I tried bridging the connections last night, and it worked...Connect your PS3 to your laptop with a LAN cable, let it connect, Connect your phone to your laptop and use internet sharing program, bridge the two connections by selecting them both in your network connections window, right click and click bridge.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

reilinmoore@yahoo.com is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
I tried bridging the connections last night, and it worked...Connect your PS3 to your laptop with a LAN cable, let it connect, Connect your phone to your laptop and use internet sharing program, bridge the two connections by selecting them both in your network connections window, right click and click bridge.
I know this post is old, but I'm trying to do this now. My ps3 won't read the IP address. Any tips? Or is there some new way to do this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro