PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

wecam is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where's my Windows folder?

Extreme Neewbie here, so be easy on me. Here's my issue: I've got a HTC TOUCH PRO (TP)and have been busy adding zip and cab files. Somewhere in the process I seem to have lost the Windows folder on Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC). I'll break it down for my benefit, more than yours;

1.) TP is plugged in via usb cable, WMDC is opened and they're connected
2.) I go to File Management and click the "Browse the contents of your device".
3.) I double click the (TP) status bar and it opens to show content folders; however, the Windows folder is missing. I checked every other folder thinking it might have been accidently shifted, but no luck.
4.) Here's were it gets interesting.
5.) If I go into File Explorer on the phone itself and click on My device, a screen comes up with all the folders and programs.
6.) Low and behold; one of those folders is the Windows folder.

How can i get the Windows folder to show back up in the TP status bar of WMDC????? I have done the Soft Reset numerous times to no avail and I'm really trying to avoid a Hard Reset if at all possible as it took me literaly days to get it set up to the point it is now. Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions.

Chris
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Where's my Windows folder?

in windows, open up the touch pro so you can see the files, goto the tools menu, folder options, and uncheck hide system files and folders.
That should do it for you.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wecam is a n00b

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. From my earlier post, it seems like the folder is there; it's just hidden somewhere. Any other ideas???

Chris
Old 07-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

He meant in Windows Explorer, (desktop installation). Open the "Tools" menu, select "Folder Options, go to the tab labeled "View", Select the radio button labeled "Show all files and folders", Uncheck the box labeled "Hide protected operating system files", press the button labeled "Apply", and then press the button labeled "OK. Refresh the directory listing on your device by right clicking anywhere within the open directory, and selecting "Refresh".
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wecam is a n00b
Angry Re: Where's my Windows folder?

I've tried that gentlemen, but still no luck. I appreiate your help, and wonder if you have any other suggestions for me. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 08-02-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

what do you see when you click "browse the contents of your device" in WMDC?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

I have the same issue.. I open up my computer. Then I click on my WM device.. then I click on ORGANIZE-->FOLDER & Search Options.. I have selected SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS and also UNCHECKED HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES. HOWEVER the windows folder does not show up after I do that.. I can see it on the device if I use EXPLORER but on VISTA I can not see it no matter what options I change... HOW do I get it working to show it on vista VIA usb???
Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
I have the same issue.. I open up my computer. Then I click on my WM device.. then I click on ORGANIZE-->FOLDER & Search Options.. I have selected SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS and also UNCHECKED HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES. HOWEVER the windows folder does not show up after I do that.. I can see it on the device if I use EXPLORER but on VISTA I can not see it no matter what options I change... HOW do I get it working to show it on vista VIA usb???
is the windows folder the only one missing?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Yes I think it is.. I was able to view it on my NETBOOK with ACTIVE SYNC that has XP on it. I was able to copy what I needed.. now why cant I do this on VISTA? all I had to do on XP was select SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS..
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqwikcut View Post
Yes I think it is.. I was able to view it on my NETBOOK with ACTIVE SYNC that has XP on it. I was able to copy what I needed.. now why cant I do this on VISTA? all I had to do on XP was select SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS..
on your vista computer, try this. control panel-folder options-view-then uncheck the boxes for "hide..." and chose show hidden files...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro