PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible TEP Replacement

OK, heres the deal, my touch pro is broken. I do have sprint TEP and the problem is that it has been dropped a few times but thats purely because its fallen out my belt holster. funny thing is when ive dropped it before ive no problems aside from a few blemishes. now tonight when i take it out of my case suddenly there a hairline crack on the side along with a small blotch where the lcd ink may have ran and the touch screen does not work at all. now im hoping i can get this replaced with a TP2 but at the very least i will most definitely settle for a refurbed phone. my question to you guys is what do you think the odds are on the TP2 and if not would they consider this physical damage and try to make me pay for a replacement?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Re: Possible TEP Replacement

sounds like physical damage to me. Only way to find out for sure is to take it in.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No offense, but you know the answer to this one. Sprint will take one look at that and tell you to call Assurion.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thats what i figured but if that were to be the case would there be anyway that i can fight it considering the faultyness of the holster? and like i said when ever i noticed this it was not after being dropped it had been in my pocket all day. i also have NRG ROM on my phone. if i try to flash from my sd card it will obviously get stuck at the screen calibration screen. would it be a believable story if i tell the sprint rep that i thought doing a hard reset would help or would that just make me look bad?

Last edited by RidleyJ329; 04-11-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ldrn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridleyj329 View Post
would it be a believable story if i tell the sprint rep that i thought doing a hard reset would help or would that just make me look bad?
They'll believe it; it's a believable story. I've *done* a hard reset to try and fix a data-relatead problem before and taken it in later, and they just shrugged and said "oh, since you tried that already we'll replace the phone."

(That was a real bad time. I had to borrow someone else's phone so I'd have a data connection for work emails for a few days while they replaced it. )
Old 04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

well i took it in and much to my surprise they replaced the screen and i was on my way. i didnt know they could do that. mods if you want go ahead and delete this thread.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro