PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

beaujbaker is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beaujbaker
flashing/unlocking my touch pro! Help.

Okay, first i want to unlock my phone, then i want to flash it with a different rom, but if i brick it my dad will kill me. Anybody out there willing to give me step by step instructions? I find that the ones online a bit confusing.

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: flashing/unlocking my touch pro! Help.

Ok first,you should have active sync installed on PC (xp & under) or WMDC(vista & up).Then I suggest you read through the first few post just to understand the terms and what not http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

Now dl this EXE. file to your PC (this is the unlocker) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1225515125
now the unlocking process will just be have your phone and establish active sync connection with device and pc.then you will run the .EXE file ,it pretty much walks you through it.give it a few minutes for it to start from 0%.

By now you should have already been through the CDMA Upgrade threads and found a few that you like,find one from this page http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68 and DL it i suggest mighty rom just to be simple and pretty stock.

now Your phone should be unlocked and you should have a ROM Dled already.Now you will run the .EXE file of the ROM like you did with the unlocker and you will have your first flash.
Keep in mind its pretty hard to brick your device but the easiest way to do so is using ROMS or UNlockers not intended for your device.your phone is sprint so always make sure roms and unlockers are for CDMA NOT gsm.good luck.

Last edited by Rager02; 04-08-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

beaujbaker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to beaujbaker

Thank you (: I followed this and i got everything i wanted with no bricked phone.

Thanks alot for your time.

Mods can close this one.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Milestone A854
Carrier: Alltel

pmassey31545 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaujbaker View Post
Thank you (: I followed this and i got everything i wanted with no bricked phone.

Thanks alot for your time.

Mods can close this one.
Oh, you are far from done. You'll flash that thing 50 times like I have and never be completely happy. But it is soooo fun. That is why I am trying to learn how to cook and make my own. Need more help just let us know or PM me. Good luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro