PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro used as USB storage for xbox360 now works :)

Starting today theres an xbox 360 update that will now let us use USB storage devices as extra memory. I edited this post, cause i was originally asking if it would work with our Touch Pro devices. But after trying it, i found out it does work. nice
dschoenike

Last edited by dschoenike; 04-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Touch pro used as USB storage for xbox360??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Starting today theres an xbox 360 update that will now let us use USB storage devices as extra memory. Does anybody know if a Touch Pro can now be used as a usb storage device on the 360? I cant try until this evening, so i thought id ask My apologies if this is a dumb question. Thx,
dschoenike
All I can tell you is when I plug my TP into my PS3, the screen comes up asking if it should be used as a storage device, active sync, internet sharing... I click storage device, and the 8gb card I have in there shows up on the PS3 just like a USB key was plugged in. Sorry, don't have an xBox!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ohh, didn't even think of this. will have to try this out as well!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up getting home and trying it out. I put in a clean 8gb card in my TP and hooked it up to my 360. Sure enough, it works as a usb storage device I moved a few things around to it, and im gonna do some testing, but, it does work. I guess at the minimum it'll work to keep stuff saved on it. Gonna see if i can actually play games from it (installed games, demos, etc..) Kinda cool =D>
dschoenike
Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up getting home and trying it out. I put in a clean 8gb card in my TP and hooked it up to my 360. Sure enough, it works as a usb storage device I moved a few things around to it, and im gonna do some testing, but, it does work. I guess at the minimum it'll work to keep stuff saved on it. Gonna see if i can actually play games from it (installed games, demos, etc..) Kinda cool =D>
dschoenike
Glad to hear it! Yea, I mainly use it to do slideshows of pictures from my camera. I'm sure you can use it for literally anything, I know my buddy used his TP to backup his PS3 so he could format it! Very handy indeed!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Glad to hear it! Yea, I mainly use it to do slideshows of pictures from my camera. I'm sure you can use it for literally anything, I know my buddy used his TP to backup his PS3 so he could format it! Very handy indeed!
Extremely handy for me. Seeing as up until now, we were stuck using Microsofts proprietary storage devices which are pretty expensive for what they are. This is a great option to have. Not that i'm gonna have my TP attached to my 360 all day, but its nice to have it available
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro