PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

beaujbaker is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beaujbaker
Opera 10 as default browser in tf3d

I have tried everything to do this and i just cant figure it out. Ive tried editing the xml file and still no luck. I want to make it so the internet tab will open in opera 10 and not opera 9. any suggestions??
Old 04-05-2010, 04:38 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Opera 10 as default browser in tf3d

really?? when i install 10 first thing it asks me is if i wanna make it my default browser, then asks if i wanna open.. even on my TP2.. i use 10.3 beta though because it never gave me any probs so i didnt see the need to change it when it was released full.. here just in case you want it
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera_Mobile_10_WM_beta_3.cab (4.53 MB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nosajs is a n00b

I could be wrong but I think the op was referring to the "LAUNCH BROWSER" icon on the internet tab. When you click that it opens Opera 10?? hmmmm....

After downloading & installing opera 10 on my Touch Pro, even though it asks if I want to make it the default browser (which I did), when clicking "LAUNCH BROWSER" it opened Opera 9 not Opera 10. My brother has a Touch Pro 2 & the same thing. The only way I can open Opera 10 was to go into my programs & click the icon there.

Once again, I may be wrong but I think he is asking how to change Launch Browser to open Opera 10
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Opera 10 usually does it automatically for me too, but if it doesnt you can try this...

Setting to change the link for your internet globe...

Here goes:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\DEFBROWSER\1 -CHANGE the string from "windows\OperaL.exe" to whatever you want.
Let me know if this works for you.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 04-05-2010 at 08:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: Vzw

CoMtnMan is a n00b

I had similar issues. Try this from XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=586297

It worked for me the last time I tried it. The other option would be to flash a ROM with Opera 10 as the main browser. Good Luck.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
really?? when i install 10 first thing it asks me is if i wanna make it my default browser, then asks if i wanna open.. even on my TP2.. i use 10.3 beta though because it never gave me any probs so i didnt see the need to change it when it was released full.. here just in case you want it
Same thing here... I have tried to cook opera 10 as the default browser it didnt work and i never took the time to figure it out. i still have to cook with opera9.7 then after i install opera 10 and works perfect through the internet tab.
im gonna try and edit the rgu in the kitchen posted a couple posts up. see if i can take another try at cooking it in. not that i tried that hard before.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

jjohnzon is a n00b

You can try to cook this into your rom. it worked for me.
The bottom one is the cab version i found here

Last edited by jjohnzon; 04-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro