PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcastro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Upgraded from HTC Mogul to HTC Touch Pro, Installed Mighty Rom (Phone Feels SLOW)

Hi all, so my friend just gave me his HTC Touch Pro. I am currently using a HTC Mogul with RyanMoguls ROM installed. First thing I did was install Mighty ROM on the touch pro seeing as I don't like HTC's Manilla Touch Flo. The mighty ROM also has this but I just turned it off on the home screen.

The phone feels laggy and slow. Not as bad as the mogul but still considering this thing has way more ram I don't get it.

Anyway else experience that feeling? Is there another ROM out there that is faster (and stable) then the Mighty ROM?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Re: Upgraded from HTC Mogul to HTC Touch Pro, Installed Mighty Rom (Phone Feels SLOW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcastro View Post
Hi all, so my friend just gave me his HTC Touch Pro. I am currently using a HTC Mogul with RyanMoguls ROM installed. First thing I did was install Mighty ROM on the touch pro seeing as I don't like HTC's Manilla Touch Flo. The mighty ROM also has this but I just turned it off on the home screen.

The phone feels laggy and slow. Not as bad as the mogul but still considering this thing has way more ram I don't get it.

Anyway else experience that feeling? Is there another ROM out there that is faster (and stable) then the Mighty ROM?
This'll no doubt get moved the TP forum, however, I never liked Mighty's ROM's. And he hasn't done one for the TP in ages. I would definitely move on... I would try another ROM like SKI's ROM, or NSFAN's ROM, as to me those are pretty fast from the ones I have tried and also include Sense 2.5. If you want plain speed, try a ROM without Sense like one of the stripped down clean ROM's.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Upgraded from HTC Mogul to HTC Touch Pro, Installed Mighty Rom (Phone Feels SLOW)

cmajewsk, thanks for the reply. Totally unaware that Mightys Rom hadn't been updated in a long time. I guess since they took the time to build a site around the rom they were very current. I will check out those ROMS because honestly this almost lags like the mogul use to before the flashing.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't know where you're lag might be coming from, the Mighty roms are pretty lag free. Anyway, Mighty moved onto the Touch Pro 2 which is why he isn't building any more or updating roms for the Touch Pro.

Whenever you flash a rom make sure you run the "clear storage" program in system settings after first bootup or you're bound to have problems.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am seeing a bit of lag when scrolling as an example. Its not huge just a bit. I did a hard reset after flashing the rom (which is the same as a clear storage)
Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

You may also want to take a look at (the several varieties of) RootRom. He updates quite regularly and is very active in his forum thread with feedback. I've been running it on my sprint touch pro for a while and really like it. My personal favorite is his CarbonRoot ROM.

David
Old 04-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Twisted GoodSense roms made by TwistedDan. Well, they're being taken over by Accessing cuz Dan's phone took a dump, but this is the longest I've ever had one rom running without flashing another. I used to be a big fan of NRG's roms, but it was always something with them.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon

whitak3r is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to whitak3r Send a message via Yahoo to whitak3r

I have a Verizon HTC Touch Pro, one of the most crippled phones out there from what I read. I tried a few Roms, including MightyRom, I liked it but it was still slow. Tried a few others and 1 of them was actually unusable because of the lag issues(Was a nice rom, to much for my phone to handle though). I finally settled on NSFAN's newest ROM, and BOY it LOVE IT. It is FAST, GREAT, looks nice, and so far no problems. I am trying to get my hands on a cheap Sprint phone and activate it on Verizon because it is a little faster. So far the best rom I could find on Verizon is NSFAN's. There are also a few good themes for it, that BARELY slow it down. I haven't tried Twisted GoodSense, but I plan on using it soon if I run into problems with NSFAN's.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

ditto like everyone else was saying just keep an eye on the roms that seem to be updated regularly, that way if you run into issues the chef usuallt takes care of it or else the users of the rom will have a fix generally. flash around to the different roms and youll find one that seems to fit your needs. good luck with it mate
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I have checked a bunch of the rom suggested on here and in the forum. Question has anyone built a rom that doesn't use HTC's manilla? I still see SBP's Pocket Plus as having the best functionality especially on the today screen. I think the HTC clock home wastes too much space below it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro